The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Edinburgh National 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Edinburgh National 2021

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16205

Some big names in there from the Elliot yard, but got to be some serious question marks over their participation……

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/16/musselburgh/2021-02-06/775637

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/edinburgh-national-handicap-chase/winner

I’m hoping that The Ferry Master is going to be a proper good one, and I’d be surprised if he isn’t, but he also holds an entry in The Towson, and I think that looks the best race for him, though the 7’s would look massive if this was indeed the plan.

Dino Boy is another who’s worthy of respect, and he could do with another big win in him if he’s to get in the field at Ayr in April. He proved at Kelso in December that this trip won’t be an issue for him.

Shantou Flyer looks another big player for Nicholls, and no surprise to see him at 6’s.

I liked Little Bruce the minute I see the entries, and I’m a bit surprised to see him at the bottom of the market. I think this race is perfect for him.

I really like Dino Boy, and I think a case could be made for adding him at 7’s, given the doubts around the market leaders, but for now I’ll go with Little Bruce. Just a smaller bet at the 20’s, as I’m hoping to beat that once the market forms properly.

Little Bruce 20’s

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

Dino Boy 8-1 win, and Bob Mahler 20-1 ew. I just hope this is on.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2733

Le breiul 4/1

Not a horse iv taken to, but this looks a very good opportunity for him

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16205

I won’t get the 7’s he was on Monday, but he’s not looking that popular at the moment, but I’ll cover The Ferry Master here, to go with Little Bruce.

The Ferry Master
    Little Bruce 20’s EW

waroftheroses
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

I’m another Le Breuil backer here.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2724

Backed Le Breuil earlier in the week ew 4 places. Had to really, been following him slightly off a proverbial each way cliff lately ;-)

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1007

Going to stick to the top of the market here , the ferry master\dino boy Inc rev forecast

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 563

Stay Humble for me. He seems to be improving every run since moving yards. Second last time at Musselburgh. Distance is a unknown, but he ran decent enough over 3m2f. If he can stay he runs of a nice weight with Brian Hughes on board.

Stay Humble 18/1 EW

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1007

Sandy Thomson chase winnings to a £1 stake , £50.38 this year ( which obv yorkhill win accounts a bit for ) however last 5 years it’s £96.41 … As I keep saying he,s a man to follow esp in chases

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4936

CLASSIC ESCAPE (16/1, 18/1 in a place) was a decent third in the Borders National behind Dino Boy. Weighted to have a strong chance on a track that I would imagine should suit him better.

I had LITTLE BRUCE (16/1, 18/1 in a couple of places) marked down for these sort of events this year, and he put up a decent effort here last year in the days when I was able attend. He’s had a weird campaign to date in a hurdle, cross-country event and a jumpers’ bumper so nice to see him back in more suitable territory. Hopefully he’ll bag me some much needed TRF Horses To Follow points.

Plenty of time for things to go astray in these events and I’m happy to side with two decent priced proven animals.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 305

Classic Escape for me too Rob. I have a slight preference for him over Le Breuil.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3826

I’m joining DBR with Stay Humble. Think he was considered a stayer at Closutton.

shipithollabolla
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 129

His name is Ben A. Pauling. :negative:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.