The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

EBF Novice Handicap Hurdle

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion EBF Novice Handicap Hurdle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17605

Not my usual type of race, but there is one I like…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/54/sandown/2020-03-07/750513

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/novices-handicap-hurdle-final/winner

Been following McFabulous since his debut, and despite the odd blip, he can turn in a smart performance, and was a lot more like it last time.

I’ve bet him for The Martin Pipe, thankfully NRNB, as Nicholls states that this is the main aim. He’s not the worst Nicholls, by a long way, but I’m still wary of shouts like that, and there’s been a few times he’s went back on such comments.

I’ll take a chance though, with Cobden jocked up. He’s surely better than current mark, and the 10’s looks too big. I’ve always though he’s a horse with a decent future.

I’d have Kiltealy Briggs as a big danger.

McFabulous 10’s

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1771

Annoyed with myself as I dived in at 8s with hills then shortly after I put the bet on betfred priced him up at 10s :wacko:

Still think 8s is a good price can see him being half that come saturday

I’d be shocked if he wasnt a 140+ horse now he jumps better

132 looks a very good mark

• Total Posts 17605

I’m happy enough FF, but I’m still just a wee bit wary, looks too good to be true.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2575

Well done fellas on getting that price on McFab, saw it mentioned on here but once i went into the preview night i left it. Not 100% sold on the horse myself, but he was big at 10s as his bumper form makes him look very well in at 132.

I’ve had a good look at the race now, and have landed on one that i’m not even certain will line up. If he does i think 25s on Hometown Boy is huge. Mcfabulous beat him comfortably last time. Mcf was in receipt of 6pds. It was a 4 runner race and Hometown Boy tried to force it, but looking at the pacemaps he probably didn’t go fast enough if trying to do that successfully. Obviously, he is nowhere near as sexy as Mcf, but he will now get 2pd from Mcf. This won’t be a small field 4 runner race where he’ll need to worry about the pace of the race, nor will he be a sitting duck (i hope) in what turned out to be a two horse race last time. He bolted up off 114 and the Warwick race he finished 3rd at 20/1 has worked out nicely.
    Edmunds has 2 entered here, his strike rate is 17 runners 6 winners. 4 from 9 hurdlers and 3 placed and 1 fourth….So he likes to do well here! Guessing here, but given that strike rate i don’t think both his will run.

So i’ll hold fire just a bit longer, but i think he might be too good to refuse.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Lemons68Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 436

I think that 25-1 is a huge price for Hijack, which casts doubt on him turning up, but I’ll chance it.

• Total Posts 17605

Few people agreeing with you Mark, into 10’s in a lot of places, looks a good spot.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1771

Mcfabulous is a silly price now

Surely people wont be backing him at 5/2 for a big field handicap

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2575

Agreed FF, nice to see for you guys.

So Gething is jocked on Hometown Boy and he’s still available at 25s.

So it’s 25/1 vs 5/2 or whatever. I’ll take that.

Backing now.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

DBRDBRDBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

Nice price for McFabulous there Venture! Good luck. I’m keen on Keen on (sorry) at 12-1. Quite unexposed and I can see him improve again.

• Total Posts 17605

Sadly no DBR, that was for the original Sandown fixture, so my bet was cancelled.

Hopefully he’ll still win today, I’ve always liked him, but I won’t be betting him.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 420

McFabulous has a clear favourite’s chance. Also had a small each way punt on Blackfinch.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1771

Weve got unlucky there VTC

We identified one who was absolutely chucked in

Shame he wasnt a few pounds higher as hed have taken a lot of beating in the martin pipe

• Total Posts 17605

Yeah one of those things FF, but different course different day, might have been different.

I’m more annoyed at him missing Martin Pipe.

We can keep tabs on him going forward, I always thought he’d be decent.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1771

Be surprised if he wasnt a grade 1/grade 2 horse given his bumper form and being a half brother to waiting patiently

I wouldn’t be suprised if the better ground today suited him much better than the ground hed have got last saturday

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 207

Posted in error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.