The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Eagle Mountain at York

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Eagle Mountain at York

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Can’t imagine that this race was in the long term plan and looks a pretty short price considering a bad experience in France and the fact he was below par in similar ground in the Irish Derby. Add in that this probably isn’t his optimum trip either and it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see him get turned over today.

Winged Cupid looked destined for better things at Windsor but this is likely to prove quite a test and if he’s not 100% after a long absence I can’t imagine there’ll be any place for him to hide.

I fancy a bit of an upset, is anyone else of the opinion that Charlie Tokyo could out run his price and step up again on his handicap form? Has always looked a horse with more ability than he’s necessarily shown and showed at the track last time he’s thoroughly at home in the conditions.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Couldn’t have Eagle Mountain myself; looks to be wrong trip and wrong ground. No percentage in winning another gp2 either, so it’s hard to see why he runs here?
    Would expect Charlie Tokyo to run well, without being good enough.
    I have already backed Winged Cupid on the strength of his 2yo form and his trainer stating that he exepects him to improve both for the lto run and the step up in trip, which ought to make him good enough to win this.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Agree with the points about Eagle Mountain. Winged Cupid looks the most likely alternative but also has doubts about the trip. Charlie Tokyo is a cracking each-way bet IMO.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.