The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dynaste – Does David Pipe realise what he’s got?

Home Forums Horse Racing Dynaste – Does David Pipe realise what he’s got?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

After Dynaste had won the Fixed Brush 3m handicap hurdle, David Pipe has suggested he might be sent Novice chasing.

The way Dynaste quickened three out off an already strong pace suggests strongly this is a top class staying hurdle prospect. Very much like last year’s winner Grands Crus.

In my opinion Dynaste should be third favourite for the World Hurdle now. With potential to be Big Buck’s biggest danger come March.

Stable already has a top class staying novice chaser. Are they realy going to go head to head?

value is everything
    franklymrshankly
    • Total Posts 3

very much my thoughts – why go novice chasing when you have Grands Crus?

Probably not quite in that one’s league, but too early to say that definitively. After this race last year I wouldn’t have thought GC could land a blow with Big Buck’s but he ran him close ultimately. The clincher for me will be what shape BB comes back in. If he shows next week and at Ascot next month that he’s as good as ever then so be it, Dynaste can still pick up a decent pot for 2nd in the World Hurdle. If age is catching up with him (probably not a good day to be speculating on that)n then he’s right there IMO. Oscar Whiskey is a very good horse but probably won’t see out 3m. Can’t see what else could seriously challenge him at this stage (maybe either of the Henderson horses who ran well in 3m novice hurdles last year but I think both are off chasing)

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

In my opinion Dynaste should be third favourite for the World Hurdle now. With potential to be Big Buck’s biggest danger come March.

Whoa there Ginger one!

Dynaste

won off a mark of 141 today,he will be rated 150 for that and could still get in the Pertemps final with 11-6,not that i would give him a chance in that either,he reminds me far more of the stables

Chartreux

than

Grand Crus

! :shock: Beating

Synchronized

by 9l in receipt of 9lb doesn’t shout world Hurdle to me,besides he lacks any scope for improvement physically imo.

Imperial CallImperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

Thousand Stars is a very credible challenger to Big Bucks in staying hurdles. Was mowing down Oscar Whiskey at Liverpool and won the French Champion Hurdle very impressively with Grand Cru in behind.

Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

Whoa there Ginger one!

Dynaste

won off a mark of 141 today,he will be rated 150 for that and could still get in the Pertemps final with 11-6,not that i would give him a chance in that either,he reminds me far more of the stables

Chartreux

than

Grand Crus

! :shock: Beating

Synchronized

by 9l in receipt of 9lb doesn’t shout world Hurdle to me,besides he lacks any scope for improvement physically imo.

It’s not just the form of the race Gord, it is the way he did it and potential for further improvement. The acceleration shown after the turn remarkable in such a strongly run race. Eased down too, so value for more than the 9 length margin. (Although Synchronised goes in to the notebook too for another Welsh National). Dynaste is olny 5 years old and more improvement almost guaranteed.

value is everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

Thousand Stars is a very credible challenger to Big Bucks in staying hurdles. Was mowing down Oscar Whiskey at Liverpool and won the French Champion Hurdle very impressively with Grand Cru in behind.

Thousand Stars would be in front of Dynaste in my book and on ratings (at this stage) IC. However, the Irish horse seems unlikely to improve further (or not by much anyway) so that order could change. Have doubts whether Oscar Whiskey will stay a truly run 3 miles around Cheltenham and put him behind Dynaste.

value is everything
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.