The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dutch Art

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

With the horse now adding another feather to its cap does anyone think this colt is good enough to win next years Guineas? Peter Chapple-Haim says its the best 2yo hes had and its form is now up there with the best of this years 2yos. It seems to go on all types of ground conditions too.

As I am no breeding expert what are the horses chances of staying 8f next year? Anyone get on early or looking at backing now?

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

He gets 6f well, but I think that 7f will be the maximum trip for him as a 3-y-o.

His dam was no use at all, but his granddam was pretty smart over 5f.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

I was toying with the idea of backing Dutch Art  this morning at 20’s but I’m off AP betting for a bit.

I like the beast; done everything asked of it so far and done it in taking style. Dutch Art looks contended in his races, nice and relaxed, and has yet to be fully extended.

The trainer has prior form with this Middle Park-2000 Guineas profile with Rodrigo de Triano who won the Middle Park in 1992 after taking the Washington Singer and Champagne.

Chapple Hyam appears in no doubt that Dutch Art is a live Guineas contender and that’s good enough for me, FSL.

(I was ultra-impressed with Asperity though. Few 2-y-o’s have taken my eye this season as much as that one).

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Clearly a talented horse and his form is at least on a par with Teofilo, though I agree with Venusian – he won’t stay 1m.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Impressed me yesterday, looks a very speedy horse

Is he in the Dewhurst?

surely that will give a better pointer to his Guineas chances

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

No expert FSL

Medicean seems to produce horses that get 8-10, but Damside looks a bit iffy in stamina stakes – if you can factor that into Ante Post price then probably worth a bet imo

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

No expert FSL

Medicean seems to produce horses that get 8-10, but Damside looks a bit iffy in stamina stakes – if you can factor that into Ante Post price then probably worth a bet imo

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

David Cleary in The Sportsman:

Dutch Art followed up his win in the Prix Morny in taking fashion, showing a good turn of foot to settle matters before the final 1f. He is reportedly set to be trained for the 2,000 Guineas and there are certainly elements in his pedigree which suggest he can stay 1m and his trainer won a Guineas with a Middle Park winner with Rodrigo De Triano, but he is more a sprinter judged on physique and it wouldn’t be a surprise if he follows such as last year’s winner of this race Amadeus Wolf and turns out a serious contender in the top sprints.

SFR 118 STR 118

I think he’ll be a sprinter, but, as empty points out, a run at 7f would be much more illuminating on that score.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Decent and fair analysis from Mr Cleary imo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.