The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dubai World Cup

Home Forums Horse Racing Dubai World Cup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

Does anyone know if there’s anywhere I can watch this live on the internet? (and preferably the Sheema Classic too).

And what time is the race due off? I’m in America right now so I’ll have to subtract a load of hours but I’m sure I can work it out :biggrin:

jazza23
    • Total Posts 25

I’m pretty sure you’ll get it on attheraces website. If not you can always put a wager on with a reputable bookmaker and they’ll screen it for you, thats what I sometimes need to do.

racinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

Try this website, should give you all the info you need, and I think you can watch the race on there:<br>http://www.dubaiworldcup.com/

And the World Cup at at 18.30GMT

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Times around the world:

http://www.dubaiworldcup.com/common/fil … 0Times.pdf

(It’s 18:30 BST btw, summer’s here! :D)

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Invasor looks amazing in his track work – really bulked up since last year.

Most of the Europeans in good shape – having completed most of their faster work.

We had a thunderstorm around 9am this morning – not sure if it will affect the ground.  Probably just means they won’t have to water it this afternoon.

Lots of good track notes on the DWC website and a daily blog.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Can someone tell me why Folk is 6/1 for the UAE Derby? Looks a massive price as long as she and the fav don’t cut each other’s throats.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Dettori going with Eu Tambem will have had an effect.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Dettori wouldn’t be able to do the weight on Folk would he? She carries 8st 5, Dettori’s riding weight according to Horses in Training is 8st 7.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Ah, cheers DJ I hadn’t heard about that.

aston
    • Total Posts 168

For those in Ireland, TG4 are showing all the racing live.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Quote: from davidjohnson on 9:22 am on Mar. 29, 2007[br]Can someone tell me why Folk is 6/1 for the UAE Derby? Looks a massive price as long as she and the fav don’t cut each other’s throats.<br>

<br>Shhhhh DJ

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Don’t disagree with whats been said but worth noting that the previous owners of EU Tambem had been aiming him at the Dubai World Cup and it is only his sale to Godolphin has seen him redirected against the 3yos.

Chris B25
    • Total Posts 27

Invasor or Discreet Cat?

I wanna side with Invasor after backing him in the breeders cup, what are your thoughts on how Discreet Cat will have improved since last year? And why have the bookies installed Invasor as favourite now, even b4 the draw was announced, as Discreet Cat was favourite a few weeks ago?

Red rocks in the Sheema Classic anyone? Sir Percy an the Japanese horse Pop Rock to contend with, should be interesting..

(Edited by Chris B25 at 11:45 am on Mar. 30, 2007)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Discreet Cat had to miss his prep race after running a temperature.

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

Thanks for the times guys. I’ve looked on the DWC site and I can’t find if it says it’s going to be shown live or not….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.