The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Double at Punchestown for Noel Meade

Home Forums Horse Racing Double at Punchestown for Noel Meade

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Turned the corner, or just found two races that were impossible to lose? I think I’d like to see just a little more evidence of a revival in fortunes before approaching the yard’s runners more confidently as a whole.

Still, if a yard is going to regain the winning thread with a vengeance, there’s worse times of year to do it than inside the next four weeks…

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Even if he is back in form, doesn’t mean he’s going to have Cheltenham winners- his record is pretty poor at the Festival.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Turned the corner, or just found two races that were impossible to lose? I think I’d like to see just a little more evidence of a revival in fortunes before approaching the yard’s runners more confidently as a whole.

Still, if a yard is going to regain the winning thread with a vengeance, there’s worse times of year to do it than inside the next four weeks…

gc

I would hardly say they were impossible to lose Jeremy :shock:

The first winner wasn’t even fav, and the second winner was about the 5th in if you go by the tissue. Only sustained support during the day saw Jered start as narrow fav in a very open looking field.

The stable also had a good second in the bumper, this coming back off three second placed horses over the weekend. Perhaps he has turned the corner rather than just win a few races that were impossible to lose (as you put it).

Mike

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Cheers for the clarification – I asked as (a) I’d caught the results earlier today and little else, and (b) I’m just suspicious that way.

You’ll appreciate that it’s always worth making sure a purported upturn in fortunes is predicated on something more credible than winning two three-horse races against a serial dodgepot and a Pritchard. 8)

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Both horses were well supported Jeremy – the fist winner was available at 9/2 earlier in the day, while the second winner was available at 5/1 (perhaps even bigger) – that’s a 32.5/1 double if people got on early.

The significant thing for me was the 5th race. Meade had two winners in the first two races (both well backed), while Carberry had ridden the first four winners on the card. You would have thought then that there were massive liabilities on Meades/Carberry’s horse in the 5th race – but this horse (sorry I forget the name) opened up around it’s tissue price and drifted like a barge before being well beat.

This tells me that Meade knows exactly where he is with his horses – and I would definitely say that they are worth keeping an eye on over the next few weeks.

Oh, and apologies for the :shock: earlier – I wrongly assumed that you had said ‘impossible to lose’ based on that you had seen the races.

Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.