The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Doping in horse racing

Home Forums Horse Racing Doping in horse racing

Viewing 5 posts - 120 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Turkoman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 287

The Associated Press reported (23rd March 2022) that a doping probe in French horse racing led to 26 arrests, as follows:

“BORDEAUX, France (AP) — Twenty-six people were arrested in relation to a suspected doping ring in horse racing, prosecutors in France said Wednesday.

The Bordeaux prosecutor’s office said those arrested on Tuesday were racehorse trainers and owners, doctors and pharmacists.

Of those arrested, 25 were in France and another person was in another country in the European Union that couldn’t be disclosed, the prosecutor’s office said.

They were being questioned Wednesday and Thursday, after which a judge will decide the next step to take in the investigation.

French horse racing authorities Le Trot and France Galop said they were paying the “greatest attention to the ongoing investigations” into suspicions of doping and were willing to provide any assistance required.”

Colin Phillips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

Speaking from recent experience, the consultant that is looking after me decided to change my medication. I am now taking steroids and injecting myself with EPO. Not up to running or cycling (yet!) but I have a lot more energy, physical and, perhaps more importantly, mentally. The easy option of snoozing in a chair is no longer the attractive option it was, I’m getting things done around the house. My wife’s quite pleased with that.

Participant
    • Total Posts 730

EPO eh……There’s quite a few stories about that in cycling circles……including waking them up in the middle of the night for a walk to keep the blood flowing….

Colin Phillips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

I’m normally up and about before 5.00 so I should be Ok. Thanks for the warning though. :good:

Louise12
    Participant
    • Total Posts 372
Viewing 5 posts - 120 through 124 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.