Doom Bar Chase 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Doom Bar Chase 2018

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by stevecaution stevecaution 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5709

Anyone give me a convincing reason not to back Beau Gosse at 18/1 each way? Owners should know the strength of both market leaders, yet they let Macaire bring this fella over as an apparent 2nd string, with J Reveley reportedly missing Auteuil to ride him here.

Looks a nice type but seemed to be on a hot girdle actionwise at Kempton behind Redicean. Ground should be much more to his liking here and although Jacob chooses the Henderson one, they cannot think him wildly superior. Price looks big.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Joe, hadn’t planned a bet in that race at all, and I very very rarely follow anyone in like this, but I may hang on your coattails with this one, as I had another look and I like that Reveley angle.

DBRDBR
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 319

Cyrname at 10/3. He has been very impressive over fences. Won easily against Shantou Rock and a very close second to Terrefort at Sandown. After that he won easily at Kempton, despite walking trough a fence.

Ex RubyLight
    Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1234

The horses he beat in a Listed race in September – Tunis and Master Dino – finished 1st and 2nd in the G1 Grande Course de Haies des 3 Ans in which he could only manage an 8th place.

If you forgive him that run and consider that the Adonis was just a prep run, you’d have to admit that 16/1 is quite a generous price. Especially given the fact that the Irish had the first three home in the Triumph which somehow tells you that the “home team” isn’t that good this season.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5939

I sound as if I’m jumping on the band wagon a bit here, but I’ve just backed
    Beau Gosse at Ladbrokes e/w, before I clicked on this thread.
    I can’t give you any reason not to back him Joe, I think he’s worth taking a
    risk with. I quite like We Have A Dream, but at the odds I’m much more interested
    in BG. He’s 16s, but a Ladbrokes boost to 19s was welcome. He was disappointing
    last time at Kempton, but I think he’ll be more at home on on this ground. not
    without a shout :good:

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Bit gutted to see We Have A Dream beating Apples Shakira 17 lengths there. I was all over him for the Triumph Hurdle at good odds, only to see him miss the race. Apples Shakira was only beaten a bit over 6 lengths in the Triumph. Suggests We Have A Dream would have gone very close in the Triumph :scratch: .

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.