The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dont laugh…its keegan

Home Forums General Sports Dont laugh…its keegan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

The last two weeks have been a fantastic demonstration of how horrendously up themselves the Gerodies are. Even worse than liverpool..and thats saying something

how many times have i had to slam the radio off when some droning geordie idiot comes on going on and on and on and on and on and on………………

Now they have the biggest clueless windbag "manager" at the helm

a marriage made in heaven

and a bloody good laugh for the rest of us

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Clivex, enlighten me- in this magical world you inhabit, is there anything that is even worth spitting on north of good old Landan Taaaaahn? :lol:

Anyway, back on topic- I couldn’t help but laugh when I heard he had left his coaching school in Glasgow- "Soccer Circus"- in order to take the job. That’s right, Kevin Keegan left a Soccer Circus to join Newcastle! Talk about a sideways career move!

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Nothing to do with geography

The next most "up themselves " club must surely be West Ham

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

I will try not to take your post personally, Clive.

As i have said in another thread, Im a Newcastle fan, but im not sure about this.

Seems too much of a fairytale to me.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3216

If it’s a fairytale, it’s probably called ‘The Managers New Clothes’.

AP

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Clivex,

So I take it you’ve met every single Goerdie then to make this judgement :shock:

I’m not even a geordie, and I’m offended :lol:

Mike

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7922

I only started going up to Northumberland a few years ago having spent most of my life in the Midlands, Cornwall and Lancashire, and I’ve never come across such warm hearted kind easy going people anywhere. I may even start going to St.James Park again, I think this is one of the best things to have happened in football for a long time and I really hope he succeeds! May actually show people that the beautiful game is as much about pride and loyalty as it is about money…

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

The next most “up themselves ” club must surely be West Ham
    Add manchester City to your list Clive

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

"They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Highway and he’s nothing like him, but I can see why – it’s because he’s a bit different"

"The good news for Nigeria is that they’re two-nil down very early in the game"

"England have the best fans in the world and Scotland’s fans are second to none"

"I don’t think there’s anyone bigger or smaller than Maradona"

"The tide is very much in our court now"

"You can play with a one armed goalkeeper…not at this level"

and who said all of this?

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Very true alchemist….

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

"I came to Nantes two years ago and it’s much the same today, except that it’s totally different"

"I know what is around the corner – I just don’t know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon"

"In some ways, cramp is worse than having a broken leg"

"The 33 or 34-year-olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they’re not careful"

"I’d love to be a mole on the wall in the Liverpool dressing room at half-time"

"Goalkeepers aren’t born today until they’re in their late 20s or 30s and sometimes not even then. Or so it would appear. To me anyway. Don’t you think the same?"

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

"For some it’s the ultimate job. For the others it’s the last job"

"I’m not disappointed – just disappointed"

"He can’t speak Turks, but you can tell he’s delighted"

"There’ll be no siestas in Madrid tonight"

"Despite his white boots, he has pace and aggression"

"We deserved to win this game after hammering them 0-0 in the first half"

"I’ll never play at Wembley again, unless I play at Wembley again"

"You can’t do better than go away from home and get a draw"

"He’s using his strength and that is his strength, his strength"

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

And your point in relation to Geordies being up themselves is…….

….or has this thread took on a different angle now Clivex :lol:

I’m only messing with you mate, I take your point about Keegan, but unless you have spent some considerable time living in the North East (especially when he was in charge last time), then you could never imagine how much he is liked up here.

He used to have a house on Sir John Hall’s estate (Wynyard) which is 2 miles away from me, and he used to visit the same pub/betting shop as me, which is why I have met him many times. He would come into the pub with about 4 or 5 people in, and within half an hour the pub was packed lol. This pub is 30 miles from Newcastle and in the main, full of Boro supporters – but the respect and attention Keegan generated was immense.

Away from football he really is a nice man – and as I’ve said on another thread, his passion is immense.

I totally agree with his track record being questionable, after all he has walked away from every club or country he has ever managed. But for at least this season and next, Newcastle will get a lot of fun out of him and I think it will be good for football in general.

Some cracking quotes there by the way, really brought a smile to my face :lol:

Mike

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

I have compiled a top 8 list of most delusional fans in Britian.

1) Manchester City
    2) West Ham
    3) Birmingham City
    4) Newcastle
    5) Any England supporter
    6) Wolverhampton Wanderers
    7) Evertonians
    8 Sunderland

A very pleasing list.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

I dont really understand what people have against Newcastle fans. I myself am not deluded in anyway, i dont really expect a trophy anytime soon, i just want to see my team playing near their ability and actually having a go at teams rather than going to teams like Derby and Wigan, and clinging on for a draw.

I think people see ‘fans’ on programs like Sky Sports News and then tar the rest of the proper fans with the same brush. I personally get a bit annoyed with how much people slate Newcastle fans (myself included there) and i am just meant to let people say what they like about Newcastle fans and myself.

Shame really.

Gareth.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.