The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Does anyone wish to change my mind?

Home Forums Horse Racing Does anyone wish to change my mind?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

I’m leaving at 9.30 and going to have a big bet on Andrew Black’s horse Bouguereau in the first race at Newmarket today.

On his website blog Andrew expects the jockey to be riding a handy position and he thinks it should win given ideal conditions.

The Derby run was not that bad and it was staying on at the end of the race. The ground conditions went against it in Italy.

Looking at the B.B.C. website they think it will not be raining today and the ground I expect to be good to soft which the trainer thinks is ideal.
    The step up in distance should not be a problem.

The jockey/trainer combination have won this race in recent seasons which is a plus.

Any opposing views before I leave are welcome!

• Total Posts 1688

The "drop in class" theory works to great effect – so long as you get a price!

Enroller to topple him. But what do I know?

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I can easily make you change your mind Seagull – I have backed the beast – that should be sufficient a hoodoo – sorry :D

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The best horse in the race and will be suited by the step up in trip. The Derby form looks stronger than the Queens Vase form where most of the opposition come from and it’s hard to see him being beaten.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

He’s my Jackpot banker, so I hope you’re both right!

Participant
    • Total Posts 31540

Bougerou undoubtedly has the best chance and by some way. I’d want better than evens though.

Enroller looks a free win bet at 5/1 each way.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Expensive free bet. Cheerio Jackpot :(

• Total Posts 1688

There’s plenty more to the story, but it really was Evens for the winner of just his Maiden in a Listed race at the July Festival.

Mind you, this would’ve been a hard one to quote.

• Total Posts 1800

like a sheep i followed you all in, like a lamb to the slaughter :(

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Yes an expensive day.
    Long drive home :(
    Andrew Black was there and they all looked fed up when the horse came back in.
    Maybe the maiden it won was not that good but I thought the plan would be to try and run them ragged but never looked liked winning.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31540

Expensive free bet. Cheerio Jackpot :(

I shoud’ve learnt by now, nothing is free in this game.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Agreed he may not be as good as they thought but looked like a non-stayer to me- looked like winning a furlong out but outstayed up the hill.

Sean Rua
    • Total Posts 511

Any heavy lays of the losing fav reported on the Exchanges?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Yes an expensive day.
    Long drive home :(
    Andrew Black was there and they all looked fed up when the horse came back in.
    Maybe the maiden it won was not that good but I thought the plan would be to try and run them ragged but never looked liked winning.

What’s the maiden form got to do with it? It certainly wasn’t an evens poke on the Pontefract effort.

Colin Little
    • Total Posts 338

Fwiw Seagull, I thought you were on the right track here. I didn’t know A.Black had a blog, & I don’t get to hear any inside info, but I always look at what the connections have achieved at these meetings in the past, sometimes even before looking at the form.

Last year P.Chapple-Hyam had Lauraldean Gale, Declaration of War, Dutch Art and Winker Watson all run well here. So you would guess he had something for the meeting. To be honest, I missed the Bouguereau connection, but did notice the Comic Strip Heroes one (I think A.Black is something to do with them?). They had Winker Watson win the July Stakes last year. This year Maxwell Hawke was running in a 2yo race for the same team. He was a candidate, sadly he finished last!

The idea that a horse owned or part-owned by A.Black had been laid out for this meeting was, imo, a very sound one though. It maybe just bad luck, or PCH’s horses not quite in top form. These things happen.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Colin
    Andrew Blacks blog site is
    http://www.bertsblog.co.uk

I did not base the selection solely on what he wrote but overall he is honest and prepared to inform on what his trainers tell him unlike most owners.
    What suprised me as a former proffesional gambler he seemed to admit to chasing losses on the day.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.