The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Discussion on the Grand National on Radio 5

Home Forums Horse Racing Discussion on the Grand National on Radio 5

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    phil walker
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

I didn’t hear the whole show on Radio 5 this morning, though believe it was a fairly balanced show. What made me laugh though was a guy saying "oh I hate jump racing, all those TWO YEAR OLDS running" ………D’oh typical uneducated view

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1602

It doesn’t bother me that idiots form opinions on matters without having the first clue.

What bothers me is that these people not only have the right to vote but they also exercise this "freedom".

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

It doesn’t bother me that idiots form opinions on matters without having the first clue.

What bothers me is that these people not only have the right to vote but they also exercise this "freedom".

What bothers me far more is that there are far too many people who do not exercise their right to vote. IMO voting should be compulsory but as per Brewster’s Millions you should be allowed to vote for "None of the Above".

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

I listened to the early part of the phone-in. Animal Aid spokesman Dene Stansall was one of the guests, and said, when questioned about it, that he didn’t actually want to see horse racing banned.

Cue a caller who pointed out to him that there was a Youtube video of him at meeting in December where he was caught saying that he wanted to ban the National, then jumps racing, then all horse racing.

Talk about being done up like a kipper.

Stansall was reduced to blustering about being "taken out of context".

Even the phone-in host, Nicky Campbell, not exactly racing’s most avid fan, congratulated the caller on "doing a Paxman" on Stansall.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.