The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dipping into tipping

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Dipping into tipping

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 47

Hello everyone,

I’ve spent a fair bit of time dabbling with systems and so on, so I thought it was time to put my neck on the line and publish my thoughts. Probably best just observed though!

I’ll take my prices from the betfair exchange at the current time of posting.

Ayr 3:00pm ‘A southside boy’ @ 3.1

Ayr 4:00pm ‘Snap music’ @ 3.2

Wolverhampton 3:15 ‘ Pure mischief’ @ 3.7

Southside boy finished second by a half length, sp of 3/1

Snap music went off at 15/8 and finished fith, at least there was lay potential

Pure mischief went off at 2/1 and was eased to a disappointing 8th

• Total Posts 15019

Shame you didn’t get off to a winner with A Southside Boy, Nstath. Keep the faith with him though, should pay his way over the next coupla seasons.

Good luck with the rest of your thread, hopefully see you land a few.

• Total Posts 47

Thanks for the kind words, I’ll continue! I was happy with the runs of two of the horses, perhaps on another day!

7:20pm Manchester @ Musselburgh current @ 4.7

Richard Fahey’s only horse on the card, young with room to improve and could go well on the current mark. Didn’t get a clear run towards the end in its last race.

8:50 pm Jeanie Galloway @ Musselburgh @ sp

last win was off 82 in a 6f race, row rated 72 and a former course and distance winner.

• Total Posts 47

Well Manchestar was a winner with a very determined run, I managed to get 5.7 so I filled my boots!

Jeany was second and looks like a winner some time soon, there was a bit of place value there so not too disappointed!

• Total Posts 47

Some really tricky racing today, it will be really interesting to watch it unfold!

Two horses that I think look interesting today are:

J wonder in the 2:55 @ Newmarket who has only had one start and one win and seems to be well supported in the market. You can get 10/1 or higher on betfair on anyone else in the race which includes some decent types!

Urban Dance in the 3:30 @ Newmarket, again only one start one win and could well improve

My official picks for the day are:

Fast Track Thirsk 3:05, like the ones mentioned above, real scope to improve more

Diescentrick Thirsk 3:40, best horse in the race on ratings and arriving in winning form

In the 4:15, top notch tonto might also get in the frame

I also like the look of Yarn who races tonight at Hamilton, had a bet on him as well @ 2.3

• Total Posts 47

Well today was a successful today, a nod to ginger for Rex Imperator, that was a nice bonus!

J wonder: 1st, managed to get a reasonable 2.3 on him, looked a classy horse

Urban Dance: 1st, a price of around 4.2 I think, the improvement was there!

Fast Track: 1st, Although it wasn’t a great value bet (evens) still another good winner.

Diescentrick: 2nd, couldn’t quite get up to make it beaten by a better horse on the day

Yarn: 3rd, a reasonable first run beaten eventually by an 80/1 chance who had shown nothing previously, I could never have picked it!

• Total Posts 47

Really looking towards Sunday’s card, particularly at Newbury where there some really interesting looking newcomers.

2:10 Newbury: Samoan @ 4.7

Taken an early price on Samoan, I reckon he has room for improvement and I hope he will go off at a lower price. Could be some scope to trade off for a small profit before the race starts.

2:40 Newbury: Yakooum @ 4.2 and First flight @ 6.6

This is probably a cop out on my behalf, the Hannon and Hughes record speaks for itself here but with the form of Godolphin at the moment I have had a saver on first flight.

5:25 Saddaqa @ 2.10

Still room for improvement here and although there are other smart types in the race, I’ll side with Godolphin form.

Good luck to everyone
    ……………………………………………………………………………………….

Well some disappointments there but the highlight was first flight who looked really useful even after missing the break, easily making up seven lengths.

Samoan: didn’t make the frame and the progression I had hoped for was clearly not there, this was reflected by a huge drift in the market!

Yakooum went off a 7/4 favourite but ultimately finished fourth, the early price was good though

First flight as mentioned above won, I got a price of 6.6 which at least meant profit for the day!

Sadaqqa was beaten 3/4 of a length which was disappointing, went off at evens but perhaps beaten by the better horse!

To a level stake today you would have at least turned profit of 2.6

• Total Posts 47

So with a level bet we would be on about

Going to try and be a bit braver with one today, probably a bad idea!

2:15 @ Ripon, Ponty Pursuit to place @ 10/1

I have backed Ponty Pursuit to place on Betfair at odds of 10/1, 40/1 the win. Holds an entry to the Yearling Stakes on the 22nd of August at York which is a valuable race so there could be some potential there.

Jofranka 4:15 @ Ripon @ 3.7

Has a good draw and although is up in the weights, has a good partnership with the jockey, last 3rd was under an apprentice.

Lady Chaparall 8:15 @ Carlisle @ 3.7

It might be a tricky mark, but the horse that beat her in the last has gone on to record two wins and a second place. The horses in third and fourth have also since gone on to win so hopefully a good run is in store.

good luck to everyone

………………………………………………

A bit of a disaster today, lady chaparall cost me dearly while not placing, ponty pursuit also didn’t find anything today.

Jofranka was just headed into second so sadly it was 3 points down today taking the total to +7 points

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Good start to the thread.

First Flight was the eyecatcher of all eyecatchers yesterday and there was plenty opposition from some decent stables. One to keep an eye on for sure.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

• Total Posts 15019

Great start nstath, well done. 8)

• Total Posts 47

Not too much time to get these up so I’ll just make it quick!!

Newcastle 3:10 My single Malt @ 7.6

Pontefract 4:30 Dolphin Rock @ 5.0

Brighton 4: 20 Al Mannal @ 4.2

Good luck

• Total Posts 47

current total +4

continuing a bad habit and probably had more bets than I should recently, although I didn’t put them up I managed to get a small piece of both of Teves’s success on both nights which helped. A bit of a roller-coaster last two days but still in profit.

I’ve attached a picture showing the too many bets but also some of the success, selections to follow!

• Total Posts 47

First one is Chanceuse @ Lingfield in the 2:50

currently trading at 5.6 and is Fallon’s only ride of the card, I will be watching with interest

• Total Posts 47

Chantreuse a winner @ 14/1 sp

Well done if you got on too!

• Total Posts 47

I didn’t get the 14/1 starting price on Chanceuse but I did take a respectable 9/1 :)

As I first put it up at 5.6 and I bet a 9.0 I’ll use the middle to add to the thread total rather than my inflated price.

takes us to

Didn’t find anything today that really interested me so instead I have had a crack at the Ayr placepot for fun :)

hope everyone else enjoyed the days betting

• Total Posts 47

I have a friend going to Windsor tomorrow so I’ve had a trawl through the card at reasonable length in an attempt to find a horse for every race. It looks to be a Hannon/Hughes dominated card though.

What is interesting is that Hannon runs a horse at leicester in the 2:25 called Shafrah, currently unraced but holding an entry in the Dewhurst, obviously they have elected to use Hughes elsewhere, probably as there are more rides. In that same race there’s also a Godolphine newcomer worth 140,000gns. A race to watch for sure!

My selections for tomorrow:

3:40 Windsor: Newmarket Warrior @ 3.5

4:40 Windsor Shahrazad @ 5s

3:55 Leicester Elhamme @ 2.8

4:25 Leicester Port Alfred @ 4

good luck to everyone

• Total Posts 47

Sadly couldn’t find profit today, that second win proved elusive!

3:40 Windsor: Newmarket Warrior @ 3.5

finished 6th today, didn’t seem to have the extra towards the end.

4:40 Windsor Shahrazad @ 5s

finished 2nd today, beaten by one too good.

3:55 Leicester Elhamme @ 2.8

finished 1st today, a very strong and ready winner.

4:25 Leicester Port Alfred @ 4

finished 4th, possibly needs a longer trip.

so the end result meant a loss of 0.2 takes us to a running total of

Appologies that I couldn’t do better today, hopefully tomorrow I can bounce back, if anyone is reading except me haha!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.