The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Digibet.com

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

This German company trading from Gibraltar keep on sponsoring UK horse racing.  Would anyone on here consider having a bet on their site?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Spam :biggrin:  Please remove this Cormack. This is not what trf is about.:biggrin:

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Own up Wallace….it’s your company, isn’t it!?;)

Colin

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

No, not my company but I must declare an interest as I had a job offer from them last year.  They were "putting together a team to attack the UK racing market"!  I told them to forget about it as they seem to be from another planet.

Can’t believe they are still spending money to sponsor races.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I wouldn’t have a bet with them Wallace .. you might never get paid out your winnings, if you were lucky enough to have any.

Tony25
    • Total Posts 328

A Bit about them:

nb i refer to Sportsbetting in the main

-Better known as Wetten.de<br>-Founder Bernd Hobiger is from East Germany,when the wall fell he took advantage of the “lack of legislation“ in the East and somehow managed to get a Bookmakers licence (one of five),however,it was limited to Berlin not the whole of Germany.<br>-Michael Hopfinger is Managing director (Face),main share holders are the Albers family (Small horseracing Bookmaker) and Boyx Knicker (owner of software company Digitote)<br>-Concept is “Franchisee system“,great way to expand without overbearing costs,downside,agency operators are like prostitutes in that they move from operator to operator…………..looking for better revenue share!!

-Digibet are trying the UK because unlike in Germany “Legislation“ is in place.<br>-I would estimate Wetten.de had over 200 agencies upto the Bundesverfassung Gericht (High court) ruled for a continuation of the State monopoly in March 2006,whilst the fight is on through the European courts and shops remain open i would also conclude that the likes of Wetten.de have lost at least 60% of their revenue.<br>nb. In Germany and indeed other European countries agencies take Sportbets on behalf of Bookmakers who are located within the EU (Transmission agents).

-If i was rating the 7 main Bookmakers operating the German market i would put them in 6th place!!

-They charge a 15% surcharge for single bets and 10% for doubles.

-Referal limits are set at Euro 199

-Whilst they bet to relatively low margins you are looking at minimum 3 in most cases,if you compare their prices to other Bookies operating in Germany they are usually 0.05 less on most games!

-With regards to UK racing they are indifferant, in Germany Bookmakers round down prices (Decimal) thus 7/4 becomes 2,70 and not 2,75

-Place terms are 1/5th the odds and 1/8th if fav is under Evens (unless fav doesnt run in the places).

The idea of going to the UK is probably logical from where they are sitting,afterall,UK Bookmakers such as Ladbrokes think it is normal to bet “Premier league“ games to 111.25%, most Bookies operating on German market would be  between 105-107%.

Content is much richer than in the UK (Sportsbetting)

Conclusion

I don`t like Digibet,they are inconsistant,i was once told by their MD that i could bet what i wanted on French racing,two weeks later i was restricted to Euro 250,this is plain stupid has they can ditch direct in French pool and become between 8-12% commission without risk.Digibet had first run on the German market,by means of turnover they wouldn`t be in first 5 from 7,this of course effects Franchise partners as turnover tends to be much lower at one of their agencies,if you wanted to average by company i would say a typical Wetten.de agency had 40K per month with a 20% margin thus the win is 8K divided on a 75/25 basis thus an owner operator would have 6K to cover rent and other costs and pay himself,a good Bookmaker like Tipico would average 120K per unit at 15% margin meaning their would be 18K for the split!!

<br>Digibet are licensed in Gibraltar where gaming tax is 1% and corporation 5%, has Gib doesn`t have double tax agreements with many of the EU countries this leads to other problems,if they moved to Malta they would pay 0.5% tax and 4.17% corporation tax,double tax agreements with Germany are in place thus no witholding tax problems.

Knowing of them as i do i would say they have little chance of making an impact in the UK or any other country where they pop up!!

Tony25
    • Total Posts 328

Well the one thing i would gaurantee is “you would get paid“, i wouldn`t question their honesty!!

Its about the only positive thing i would say about them!!

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Very interesting Tony.  A strange setup and they seem to have money to throw away sponsoring races.

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

Thanks for the info Tony. We have a similar company in the UK – Stan Von James. :biggrin:

Tony25
    • Total Posts 328

Stan “Von“ James as Mounty calls them are trying their luck in Spain with the shop in shop system,however,from my understanding they are having problems with the legislation in Madrid,in all probability they don`t fancy raising the Euro12 million gaurantee!!

The one positive with SJ is that they use really good software supplied by Finsoft(albeit overpriced),totally differant league to the Digitote crap,however,true to form SJ don`t like paying for things thus they worked on the development of the software and saved themselves a packet.

From an international stance Ladbrokes are very involved in opening new gateways,on the downside their product struggles to compete with modern Bookmakers and accordingly i doubt they will hit the same heights as they have reached in the UK,i prefer Stanley(Retail) as they play each market accordingly.

I`m very much involved with  certain Scandanavian Bookmakers and i would argue that they are the best in many respects , i would also reccommend Pinnacle and Centrebet for the serious Sportsbettor,if your into Asian h`caps like me http://www.sportmarket.com is interesting.

Tony25
    • Total Posts 328

The idiots hit a new low on Wednesday , Euro 82.50 maximum for a PMU race in France!!

blue55
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1

Can someone tell me who isnow the owner of digibet?
    Since I know that digitote is the one who provide the background services but not know the real owner.
    I was reading a reply from Tony25 but like to know more about this.
    Thank you in advance for your answer

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.