The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dickie Henderhoop

Home Forums Memorials Dickie Henderhoop

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Prong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 668

Fell fatally today at Carlisle in the 4:25

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

RIP to him

3 falls in a row and 4 falls in his 7 last starts. Not really in love with the game.
    Poor horse

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

The swinging leg again… Not nice to watch and a totally clueless commentator. "Fingers crossed for him" he saif when they bypassed him 2nd time round. Fulltime Idiot

Participant
    • Total Posts 69

A horrible injury, poor lad. I hope he didn’t have to suffer too long.

RubyLight, I do think you are being unfair to the commentator, John Hunt today wasn’t it?

It was pretty obvious that it would be a fatal injury but nobody wants to hear ‘that’s a dead one’ in the middle of the race, and if he said nothing he may be thought to be uncaring by some on here. So I don’t really see what he could possibly do other than send ‘good wishes’. I like him – he often tweets good news if a horse gets up after a nasty fall in a race he’s called.

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

I know that he has good intentions, h.owever this one’s injury was just too obvious. He is better than the ATR commentators who tend to praise the high quality of the race without mentioning the fatal injured horse. But you can also expect them to say less than rather make false hopes.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

Dickie has just been ‘deleted’ from the trainers website, but there’s nothing anywhere on it to say what happened. This seems so very cold and uncaring, so I’m hoping they just haven’t finished updating yet.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32

Sad to say there is no update or from the syndicate either….!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 69

To those who think this went unacknowledged, the trainer did tweet on the same day starting ‘It is with a heavy heart..’and ending ‘RIP Henry’.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

Thanks for that Luddite, it’s very much appreciated. I don’t do Twitter, Facebook etc so never know these things. It is nice to know Dickie was acknowledged.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.