The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dee Hurdle

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Dee Hurdle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Decent event at Bangor-On-Dee this afternoon, and I’m siding with Crossbow Creek.

The 2m1f trip is fine, and ground on the quick side of Good should suit nicely. Mark Rimmel’s horse has been running with some credit on the Flat over the summer, and an outing a fortnight ago should see him cherry-ripe for this.

The selection is about 15lb better off with the Bowen top-weight, for a 7L beating around this time last season, and off a hurdles mark of 134 today, he looks reasonably attractively handicapped, in comparison to his chase rating (where imo he was comfortably able to run to marks in the high 140’s).

McCoy is booked, and I’ve had a little bit at a shade under 7/1.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Saif Sareea off a mark in the 130’s. Lay lay lay.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Don’t usually bother with summer jumps Grassy2, but have to admit this looks a decent contest for the time of year, have to agree the booking of Mc Coy for Crossbow is eyecatching but he is priced up accordingly, I am going to try a bit of e/w Festive Chimes ran well last time in the race contested by Ellerslie Tom {better race than this} suffered a bit of interference would have finished a lot closer.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

You wouldn’t be looking to clobber someone on the X’s, would you dj?

:mrgreen:

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Beaten pointless.

I’m good, eh? :mrgreen:

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

A 130-rated Saif Sareea, ipso facto, is eminently layable. :wink:

I managed to nanas up completely on this race and also on the big chase on the card, but did find This Way That Way in the finale, Urban at Rasen and – gulp! – a treble at Lingfield this evening. About par for the day, all in all.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Rather a pyrrhic victory for Urban, don’t you think Jeremy?

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Rather a pyrrhic victory for Urban, don’t you think Jeremy?

Very much so, Rory. Very, very occasionally (and it happens for me on the Flat as much as over the jumps), you’ll see a race develop into something so brutal that you just want to step in and put an end to the horror unfolding. Urban made sure I didn’t finish down on the evening, but with his, Pass The Class and – sadly fatally – Vaughan’s mishaps, by Christ it was an unedifying spectacle.

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.