The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dee Hurdle 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Dee Hurdle 2009

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Sadly this 0-145 handicap is not being run on a Saturday next year as Doncaster have another Saturday meeting in its place and lets face they dont have that many do they!!!!!

A good enough renewal of this decent summer handicap and time to look at some of the 15 (i know 15)

Top weight is Tobago Bay who won at Plumpton in April and has been on the flat of late to get him ready for this and has 3 wins and 2 thirds from 7 starts so is still unexposed and should run his race

The Irish have a couple and one is Ecole D’Art from Jimmy Lambes yard and was 2nd at Bellwestown in a handicap over this trip and on the flat in his younger days beat Geordieland at Longchamp as a 3yo with Gary Stevens riding him, Denis O’Regan is on today and should give him an honest ride.

Elaala from Barry Leavys yard has won his last two on the bounce at Huntingdon and Hereford and is consistent over jumps with 11 places which includes 6 wins from 28 starts

Ellerise Tom from the home team was 2nd behind Joe Jo Star in the Swinton and has 11-7 to carry but he does deserve a big win and he will be in the shake up at the business end of the contest.

Norma Hill for 83yo Reg Hollinshead has not run for 728 days but has kept good company and could be the sting in the tail if he is on song.

Danehill Willy has AP on and won at Ffos Las and is in with a shout after his 2nd in the big Summer Hurdle at Raspberry on his last run, Evan Williams like Alison Thorpe will want to keep this in Wales and will run another sound race if fully recovered after that run

A good race in prospect and although it sadly is not on C4 it should be a good event and one to keep an eye on.

For me i will nap two for interest,

Danehill Willy who could still be improving and Norma Hill who may be ready for a big run on his first start in two years.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Danehill Willy for me too.
    With a freshening wind to dry the ground out, this should suit him much better than Market Rasen, and he looks a good bet at 6/1.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Sadly it wasnt to be but this decent Internation contest went up to Scotland with Jim Goldies Toshi who won in a thrilling finish with a lot of horses in with a chance on the turn for home.

A nice afternoon in the sun and some good racing which just wets the appetite for October to come and those oh so quiet midweek days when the big stables unveil a decent novice prospect for the season.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.