The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Declal Mc Donagh

Home Forums Horse Racing Declal Mc Donagh

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Iwas just wondering after the guineas why Mc Donagh didn’t ride Dimenticata, and my brother informed me that Lady O Reilly has jocked off Mc Donagh because he is too hard on her horses. Is this true guys ???<br>There was another horse later on in her colours who was ridden by a 7 lb claimer, so there must be some truth in the rumour.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I think that Chris Hayes has a retainer to ride for Lady O’Reilly.

colinf
    • Total Posts 144

Chris Hayes was announced as her retained rider at the start of the flat season.  Apparently, she was unhappy that McDonogh rode another of Prendergasts in a two year old maiden last backened when he was title chasing instead of one of hers as he was her retained jockey at the time. May prove to be to McDonogh’s advantage in any case.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

So it had nothing at all to him been too hard on the horses, just a general falling out. Funny I never noticed anything out of ordinary until he had no ride in the guineas, thought Prendergast was been nice to Hayes and giving him some rides. Cheers guys;)

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Colinf hit the nail on the head, she didnt like mc donagh riding another of prendergasts instead of her’s so she said she wanted a jock who’d ride all of her horses no matter what so Christy got the job.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from Money on on 12:53 pm on May 28, 2007[br]Colinf hit the nail on the head, she didnt like mc donagh riding another of prendergasts instead of her’s so she said she wanted a jock who’d ride all of her horses no matter what so Christy got the job.

Irony maybe Mc Donagh might have got dimenticata home, just an assumption.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

It’s only a matter of time before Declan moves to England.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Given that Hayes was unable to draw his claim, theoretically so.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.