The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Daylight Cup 2020 – Final – Result

Home Forums 4PP & Daylight Cup Competition Daylight Cup 2020 – Final – Result

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bob rolfbob rolf
    • Total Posts 3941

First leg score in the left, second leg score on the right, aggregate score in middle

8 – 15 BIG G 8 v 37 YEATS 0 – 22

Very well done YEATS on winning this year’s Daylight Cup, taking both legs of the final.
    Massive shout out to BIG G on making it to the final.
    YEATS, I will pass you details on to David Cormack, who will be in touch to sort out your trophy.

Well done guys and thanks to everyone that has taken part in this year’s Daylight Cup. The indoor bowls club re-opens on Monday, so that’s where I will be 😀

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2926

Thanks for all your hard work Bob organising and running the whole thing. I’ve always wanted to win this, came runner up a few years ago to, if memory serves Brenda Rolf. Look forward to receiving the cheque in the post from David :yes:

Bad luck BigG, it just wasn’t your day although I was disappointed to hear that I had just managed to beaten someone who didn’t know one end of the horse from the other :-( I hoped I’d beaten one of the best judges around.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7567

Very well deserved Yeats, it’s a bit of a marathon this and just getting here was great,
    but winning both legs you’re the rightful champ :good:
    I think you may have taken my tongue in cheek comment the wrong way round, I jokingly
    mentioned having won the other races at Newmarket (in the Maydan Thursday’s thread),
    just not the 4 I used in the competition, lest anyone thought I didn’t know one end of
    a horse from the other. I would have picked the same ones again so I’m happy enough with
    that.

Don’t worry, I don’t think I got to the final by sheer chance Yeats, I like to think I know
    my horses, I was just beaten on the day by the better man. All the best mate :good:

Many thanks again Bob, it’s a great competition and I’m delighted getting this far. I
    hope you keep it running next year. Cheers :good:

bob rolfbob rolf
    • Total Posts 3941

Thanks guys :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10614

Congratulations Yeats on winning the Daylight Cup this year and fulfilling your wish it is a lovely trophy to own.
    Some very shrewd picks saw you home this week..well done. :good:

Well played and commiserations to BigG who saw off all comers to get to the Final a great achievement.
    Graham is one of the best tipsters I know in the Competitions and DLAP Threads and has had Paddy Power waving the white flag several times this season. Just one of those big price selections coming home would have seen him up their fighting it out at the finish..great play Graham. :good:

Look forward to next years contest Bob and I’ll pay your Bowls club membership if you promise not to draw me against Robnorth next time. ;-)

Enjoy your Trophy Yeats. :yahoo:
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4625

Well done Yeats (at least I can say I was beaten by the winner!) and fine effort BigG in what is a tough old competition to even get to the latter stages.

Jac, you needn’t worry too much about drawing me. I’m more likely to have a ‘0 day’ than one of my big scores. I couldn’t have picked the winner of a walkover yesterday!

Last but by no means least, thanks to Bob for his efforts in organising the competition which we have enjoyed for so many years.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22761

Bob I think Triptych should start on minus points for bribery … :whistle:
    Failing that I’d like a bye into round two

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10614

…and there was me thinking nobody would notice Nathan ;-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 22761

Jac,
    next year, you draw the home players and I’ll draw the away ones
    we’ll meet up on Whatsapp half an hour before the draw takes place.. :rose:

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10614

:good: You’ll have to arrange for Tank to keep Bob occupied in the Lounge while we fix it. :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 22761

I wouldn’t be that mean to bob
    We’ll put him in Hein’s rowing boat instead… :-)

Member since March 2008
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2189

wd Yeats. :good:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.