The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Darren’s Sports bets 2020

Home Forums General Sports Darren’s Sports bets 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 622 total)
  • Author
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7568

Cracking win with Xander Darren, your golf is on the up mate :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5973

Thanks BigG

Best hope might be 300/1 rag in safeway open making a charge he is today 9 under after 11 Isaiah Salinda though Grillo and Varner not start 3rd rounds yet i think leaders come back tonight

The man upstairs is needed for a win in Portgual Stone and Scrivnier

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5973

Guys US open be up tomorrow

But a chance tonight with Grillo only 2 behind any views on final round

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7568

I think it looks wide open Darren, 3 tied for the lead, 3 tied for 2nd and your
    man Grillo just behind. He definitely has a good shout, he’s the type of player
    that can shoot low on the final day.

I’m hoping my man Harry Higgs can make a move too, he’s one off the lead. At 80/1
    I’m hoping he can at least stay in the top 6 for a place, but he’s not without a
    chance of taking this.

Good luck tonight mate :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5973

Bets for Rome masters

NOVAK DJOKOVIC 5/2

No doubt be issue with him way he defaulted at US open but such strong from a mental standpoint he can get on with things of course Nadal winner here last is fave.Novak is in great form not lost a completed match this season.
    Edmund or Felix the cat be tough early on but beat either of them while maybe Monfills last 8 but no matches since lockdown.While Goffin beatable last 4 before final with Nadal or someone else

FABIO FOGNINI 50/1

Mad cap itailian but he serious on the clay best surface for him he tonked Nadal in last 4 before winning in Monte Carlo last year same could happen again this year before that though mainly big servers in draw like Anderson and Shapalov could face local kid Sinner to.But give Nadal tough match if it happens.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5973

WTA Rome masters

SIMONA HALEP 4/1

Best female player in the world on clay she already a winner on the clay to missed US open to prepare for French open so be ready for here she a class above rivals on this surface bit suprise 4/1 expect 3/1 instead. Sevastota likely up 1st not pose problems Anisimova a french open last 4 player be tricky but Halep more class for me.
    While Kenin not at her best here and Kerber to Azarenka be tired to.

ANETT KONTAVEIT 25/1

In other half of draw she can go deep here this week lost a final on clay then play well in Western and southern and US opens lost to Osaka both times.Any other surface then opener with Garcia be tough but much superior on clay she is a match with Svitolina be next big seed but that rival not play since lockdown.While Bertens and Pliskova players to beat this half but she not fear anyone here.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5973

Guys both Halep and Djokovic in finals for me tomorrow at 4/1 and 5/2 so hope get a few more winners in Tennis bets next week to follow.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5973

ELINA RYBKINA 7/1 WTA Stratsbourg open

Before lockdown was improving at a rate of knots only just lost to Halep in Dubai she has won a clay title on tour as well so no issues there.Has Minnen up 1st expect her to win that next few matches not test her while could get Bertens think Kiki and Stephens have there on french open a week later.Which why going for a player more focus this week.

FELIX AUGER ALLISAME 16/1 ATP Hamburg open

Got to 5 finals lost all 5 include one last year before French open in Lyon like in womens event big names look towards French open like Tsitispas,Medvedev if win opener could get Schwartzman but every chance not turn up so open draw up more to him while Monfills and Tsitispas they both must have eyes on French open.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5973

Halep a 4/1 winner with Pliskova retired during 2nd set so happy with this winner

Djokovic at 5/2 a set up in final vs Schwartzman to.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5973

Bets golf this week start at Irish open

RYAN FOX 25/1

A course winner here in 2016 on challenge tour with final round 62 loves playing in links golf am sure good pal BigG never forget loss to Knox in this event on different course.Everything there for a big run this week.

JOHANNES VEERMAN 40/1

Makes course debut here but last 2events been 10th and 8th starting to get into form he the type of young player who can take to this layout think go well.

MARTIN SIMONSEN 150/1

Not won on any tour yet so might be a big ask to win here but we know players from Scandanavia love playing events on links courses and this guy be no expection

SEBASTIAN GARCIA RODRIGUIEZ 150/1

Was 14th here few years ago since then has improved a lot more he has last time out was 6th in Portgual masters and fact not a players been here before every chance at price could do damage here.

FRANSESCO LAPORTA 200/1

Was 5th here last year was best player on challenge tour last year but took him time to find best form.He love a return to this venue where he sparkle before can do so again.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5973

Bets for Corales Puncanta resort championship

SAM BURNS 22/1

Powerful young american who was 12th here last year and it true not been happy at safeway open last time out was 36 hole leader but finish in 7th.That experiance will bring him on again not one to write off.

THOMAS DETRY 40/1

This not a strong PGA Tour event but this improving young player from Belguim has what it takes to win in states when you consider the field here final round 81 not great but as said before this not take much winning.

SEPP STRAKA 40/1

26TH on debut here and this guy from Austria can be hot one event then freezeing cold the next time was 14th in Safeway open and a rest as well not in us open can make his presence felt here.

PATRICK RODGERS 60/1

Was 22nd here in 2018 he did start well last time out in safeway open before going backwards there is no denying talent he got and still belive not be a maiden much longer could end that trophy drought this weekend.

KELLY KRAFT 250/1

Recent form is rotten but reasons be on him this week is fine course record here it is 3,5,loves it here and seen many times how players can return to form on a course that suits and this ideal place for him.

Good luck guys this week.

And breaking news Djokovic won tennis so a 5/2 and 4/1 winners with Halep to happy with those winners

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4909

WELL DONE WITH THE TENNIS DAZZLER :good: :good: :good:

Here are my golf picks this week

IRISH OPEN

J SCRIVENER 25/1
    M KAWAMURA 66/1
    J VEERMAN 40/1
    J CATLIN 40/1

CORALES PUNTACANA

C CONNERS 18/1
    L LIST 40/1
    K MITCHELL 50/1
    M NESMITH 100/1

Good Luck This Week :good: :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7568

Very nice couple of wins in the tennis Darren, well done mate :good:

Irish Open

George Coetzee 11/1 (25/1 1st roundleader market)

To say that George is going through a purple patch would be a gross understatement.
    His last 5 tournaments have produced results of 2nd, 6th, 7th, 1st and 3rd. He’s the
    hottest thing on the European Tour at the moment and it’s impossible to leave him out
    of the equation. He knows the course, he was T34 last year, but goes into this in much
    better form. He should be favourite for this.

Connor Syme25/1 (40/1 1st round leader market)

If Connor’s brains aren’t frazzled after his experience at the US Open he should be up
    to keeping up his good recent form. T3rd at the Celtic Classic was followed by T8th in
    both the Wales Open and then the Andalucia Masters, so his game is in a good place at
    the moment. He’s well capable of hitting really low rounds, I keep throwing up his round
    of 62 in the Scottish Open 2 years back, but it was sensational golf. He has every chance
    here and I think he could get off to a flyer so 1st round betting worth a go.

Adrian Meronk 125/1 (90/1 1st round leader market)

It’s only recently that Meronk has caught my eye, although he has won on the tour before
    winning the Portugal Masters last year. He had 3 very decent rounds, including a 64, and
    1 average one in the Celtic Classic last month for T6. He started well in his defence of
    the Portugal Masters with 69 and 66, but faded a bit with a 72, 73 for T34. He’s playing
    his best golf for some time and at the odds he’s worth taking a chance E/W 8 places with
    Skybet.

Toby Tree 200/1 (125/1 1st round leader market)

He’s definitely got a good game, good enough to win a tournament on the tour, he just
    needs to have more consistency. Started with a bang in the Celtic Open, and joint led
    the 1st round with a 65. A poor 2nd round kind of scuppered his chances but a 69,68
    got him into T34. It is a big if perhaps for him to put 4 good rounds in, but I think
    he’s getting better and if he can bang in a couple of low ones he might just still be
    there and in contention come Sunday.

I was spitting feathers last time, not the US Open, but on the European Tour last time
    out when Harry Higgs was beaten by Stuart Cink. It wasn’t just that he cost me a 80/1
    winner, it was that he was the one that beat Tom Watson in the 1st play-off hole of the
    Open way back in 2009. Watson was 59 and it would have been a fairytail if he had won.
    That was also the last time Cink had won a tournament and after all that time he goes
    and picks this one to make a comeback :-(

Best of luck this week guys :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5973

BigG and Raymo thank you guys for congrats on tennis

BigG any views on Corales golf event not seen bets for that

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7568

Corales Puntacana

Adam Long 25/1 (35/1 1st round leader market)

This is as poor a field as I’ve seen for some time and Long sticks out like a sore
    thumb after his T13 at the US Open. That’s quite an achievement considering it was
    a Major and it was tough as hell. He must be buzzing after that, and he fired off a
    warning shot a couple of months back when runner up in the 3M Open when he finished
    with rounds of 63 and 64. His golf is in a good place and his confidence must be sky
    high. I really fancy him for this.

Emiliano Grillo 28/1 (40/1 1st round leader market)

He looked like an up-and-comer a couple of years back with a string of top 20s and 10s.
    Had a string of MC last year, but threw in a good tournament in the 3M Open 2 months back
    where he finished T3. He’s not had a MC since, and his last tournament in the Safeway Open
    earlier this month was a respectable T29. It would have been a lot better but for a poor
    final round 73, with rounds of 69, 68 and 65 preceeding it. He’s not far off getting his
    game back and if he does he’s better than 90% of these.

CT Pan 125/1 (90/1 1st round leader market)

This has to be a bit of a gut choice here, I can’t spin this to say he is in great form at
    the moment, but I can say that that was the case last year when he romped home in the
    Heritage. There’s no doubting he can play, even if at 5’6″ he’s not a Bryson DeChambeau
    off the tee. He’s made the last 2 cuts, and threw in 4 rounds in the 60s, one being a
    64, so if he’s not quite firing on all cylinders, he at least is puting in some good
    rounds. He’s capable of winning, he’s done it, which is way better than most of these
    so I thought at these odds he was worth pitching in to the mix.

They will do for me this week Darren, I’d settle for just a bit of what I got last week,
    surely that’s not asking too much :unsure: Good luck guys :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 622 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.