The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Darren’s Sports bets 2020

Home Forums General Sports Darren’s Sports bets 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 579 total)
  • Author
    raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

Well done with your two placed Darren :good: :good:

I have only bet two players in the English Championship but have shed loads on the PGA. Will post all of the PGA bets on the other thread

PABLO LARRAZABAL at 45/1
    He smashed it first round last week then blew it with a couple of 75’s. Hopefully he can iron out the erors and go closer this week!
    LAURIE CANTER at 110/1
    He played okay last week considering he hadn’t played on tour since Qatar in March. He can improve on that!

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

I’ve done more than usual in the PGA, so like Raymo I’m just having
    a couple on. Well done with your 2 places Darren, very nice odds :good:

Gavin Green 28/1 (33/1 1st round leader market)

There’s no strong favourite in this and plenty haven’t hit a ball in earnest
    for some time. Gavin is having his 1st outing since the lockdown, so his
    form has to be taken on trust, but he had 3 top 20s in his last 3 appearances,
    including T3 in the Saudi international. He started with a 64 in that one, if
    he does as well later this morning he would be in with a good shout in the 1st
    round betting. I like his chances.

Guido Migliozzi 70/1 (66/1 1st round leader market)

Guido has started back, although not to any great effect with a T60 and a MC.
    He is a streaky player, and his 2 wins last year in the Kenya Open and the Belgian
    Knockout came when equally in and out. It’s a difficult time of year to assess
    them but if he were to have a few going days he would have every chance here.
    Worth a punt at the odds.

Okay well I got round to both tournaments eventually and I’m looking forward to
    a decent weekend of action. It’s a bit surreal and I felt a bit for Sam Horsefield
    last week. To be winner on the tour for the 1st time, and not to have the crowds
    cheering for you must have been sore, it’s what he would have been dreaming about.
    Hopefully he gets another chance later.

Good luck this week guys :good:

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

I see all four of yours made the cut Darren :good: but I think you need a great round from one or more to get into contention.
    My man Canter is going well but Pablo might be a bit too far back unless he shoots the lights out today!

Come on Laurie Canter :good: :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

My 2 both missed the cut by 1 :wacko:

I’ll stick a bit on Brandon Stone. He’s 16s but paddy Power boosted him
    to 18/1.

You’re getting a good run with Canter Raymo, he would be a cracker, but you’re
    slipping a bit this week, he’s only 110/1 :unsure:

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

We need Sully to have a mare to have a chance I think guys.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5912

Tennis bets

COCO GAUFF 11/1 WTA Lexington open

While her 1st match not sorted out yet could get Sabalenka if get past opener she loves playing on home soil on bouncy hardcourts while still so young her talent his immense she not be scared of Sabalenka and every chance done enough to be fit and ready this week.

SIMONA HALEP 5/2 WTA Prague open

Best female player in the world on the clay talking about a dual winner in Madrid and a French open champion.
    As long she not to rusty can see her winning this week.Yastremska and Paveclhenkova dangers to her but on clay can beat them.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5912

After Morikawa sickner hope better luck this week Wyndham championship

ABRAHAM ANCER 25/1

Still a maiden but will not be for much longer no reason this not the week can’t break duck was 24th on debut here though MC last year he was 43th last week and bold run on the cards.

SUNJAE IM 40/1

Was 6th here last year and while it true since the restart not found his form there been the odd glance of form in St jude classic maybe a return here where done so well click him back into form.

JORDAN SPEITH 40/1

No win since open and one of main reason down to his ball striking however he lost a playoff here to Reed so is comfy here and play well at Colinal another place he likes to.

AARON WISE 125/1

This young stud finish like a train in Barracuda championship had a week off not in major last week was 48th here last year and is the type can improve on that off those at a big price one to be intrested in.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5912

Celtic championship

THOMAS PIETERS 25/1

Every chance he good enough to outclass this field been in form this year it true could be rusty early on also every chance be fully fit raring to go after having break as well.

ALEXANDER BJORK 45/1

This accruate swede been in form this year was 3rd last time out as well loves links layouts as well and after having a week off can go better than 3rd last time.

SEAN CROCKER 66/1

Power packed American who is getting better and better every time he plays had a good week last week to and can improve on that as well.

JOHAANES VEERMAN 100/1

Just like Crocker a young american in European tour and play well in 3 UK events since golf come back to suggest can go well here final day 67 last week good to.

Good luck guys

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

No returns for me last week. They all seemed to fall away a bit in the last round but hey ho here are three for each from me this week

CELTIC CLASSIC

L DE JAGER 125/1
    J LUITEN 14/1
    S KJELDSEN 125/1

WYNDHAM CHAMPIONSHIP

B TODD 33/1
    R MOORE 40/1
    F GOMEZ 200/1

Good Luck Guys :good: :good: :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

Celtic Classic

Thomas Pieters 22/1 (33/1 1st round leader market)

Either he will be rusty here, or the break will have him keen as mustard. We wont
    know untill he’s half way through his 1st round, by which time I’m hoping that he’s
    5 or 6 under. He was in fair form before the shut down, T3 in February in the Saudi
    International and T21 the following month in the Qatar Masters. Definitely in with
    a real chance.

Gavin Green 33/1 (45/1 1st round leader market)

I’m a bit of a fan of Gavin, he hasn’t won a tournament yet but I’m sure that
    it’s only a matter of time. He had 3 top 20s before the shut down including a
    T3 at the Saudi International. He didn’t do an awful lot wrong last week, but
    2 rounds of 69 means he just missed the cut at the English Open. He’ll have
    had an extra couple of days to prepare for this so hopefully he’ll have his
    game tuned up and and small problems ironed out.

Conor Syme 80/1 (80/1 1st round leader market)

He shouldn’t be 80/1 in this, he’s not been far off getting that 1st European Tour
    win and perhaps should have done better in the Austrian Open where a sloppy 72
    left him 3 shots off the lead in T4. Did well enough last time out at the English
    Open without threatening in a tie for 19th. If he gets off to a good start, and he
    can shoot really low when in form, he could be right in the mix come Sunday.

Guido Migliozzi 90/1 (80/1 1st round leader market)

He’s not really hit form since coming back after the break, but I think he’ll be more
    at home here seeing as he is the defending champion. Obviously the course suits his eye
    and I can see him putting up a good defence this week.

I’ve already got my bets on for the Wyndham Championship, I’ll update them here
    shortly. A repeat of last week would do me very nicely. Best of luck guys :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5912

Why no luck in Golf so since lockdown going ok in Snooker got A MC Gill 100/1 6-2 up in semi final while Selby 12/1 in semi finals to

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4898

Good Luck with them two in the snooker Darren :good: :good:
    I backed Mcgill to win last round so am happy I had one snooker bet and one winner this year LOL

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2705

Two for me this week:
    1.8 pts E/W Webb Simpson 11/1 (8 places)
    1 pt E/W Kevin Kisner 33/1 (8 places)

Good luck with your golf bets lads. Need a revival from Wilson in the snooker. Landed a touch in the last round with a chunky bet on over 16.5 50+ breaks at 11/10 in his match with trump. Went in on him here on the handicap spread and it’s not looking great at this point.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

Wyndham Championship

Sungjae Im 35/1 (50/1 1st round leader market)

It would be fair to say that Sungjae, after his win in the Honda and subsequent
    3rd in the Arnold Palmer Invitational before the lockdown, has somewhat lost his
    way since the restart. His 1st tournament back was promising at T10, but since then
    it’s been disappointment after disappointment, with missed cuts and only one score
    inside the top 50 (T35). He missed the cut at the PGA last time out and at least it
    saved him from a further 2 rounds of tough golf. He’s too good a golfer, he led the
    FedExCup standings before the break, not to bounce back and he did well in his debut
    here last year in T6. The course suits and his odds are big enough to make him worth
    a pick.

Joaquin Niemann 55/1 (66/1 1st round leader market)

He looked promising after the break with a T5 at the heritage, especially when he came
    flying through the last 2 rounds 63 and 65. He’s not quite been up to that since, and
    although he missed the cut last time out at the PGA, mainly due to his 1st round 75 where
    he got off to a horror double bogey start. He slipped up with a bogey on 5 in the 2nd round,
    but played really good golf thereafter for a good 69 on a tough course. That was enough to
    indicate to me that his game wasn’t far off. If he gets in the position to win, he won’t
    bottle it, he finished with a 64 to win at Greenbrier. Very much one for the 1st round market,
    low 60’s scores are littered through his record.

Harold Varner III 70/1 (66/1 1st round leader market)

I admit it, I’ve got a soft spot for Harold. he’s got a decent all round game but
    still looking to get that 1st PGA Tour win. He’s been close with a couple of top 10s
    last year, I thought he was going to do it in the Northern Trust when after a double
    bogey he came flying home with 3 straight birdies on the back 9 but only managed 3rd.
    After a couple of missed cuts, which wasn’t the best way going into the PGA, he played
    really solid golf after a slow 72 start, with a superb 2nd round 66 and a 69, 70 finish
    for T29. He considers this his home event, so I’d expect a decent show from him. He’s
    another who can get off to a 1st round flyer.

Sebastrian Munoz 200/1 (100/1 1st round leader market)

To be honest, this is a bit of a gut choice. He’s very decent on his day, it’s just that
    it’s not been his day for a while. He hasn’t really got started since they started back,
    5 missed cuts out of 7 isn’t much to write home about. He has a win under his belt at the
    Sanderson Farms last year, and he managed round here last time with 4 rounds in the 60’s.
    He missed the cut at the PGA, but not by much which might be a blessing, and last month
    after a horror story 79 in the Workday it says a lot for him that he shot 66 the next day.
    It didn’t save him from a missed cut, but it’s the kind of round that shows he’s still got
    a decent game. It’s a big risk, but then again he is 200/1.

Okay, enough from me, here’s hoping we can bag a couple this week, and best of luck with
    your snooker bets Darren and MOM :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

I’m getting a bit scared that I’m getting a good time just before I pop my
    cloggs or something :unsure: Thomas Pieters is in the clubhouse at 7 under,
    and I’m not sure that anyone can catch him now. I hope I’m right as he’s a very
    nice 33/1 winner. I’ve just closked at the same time, that my “soft spot” is
    also 7 under after 13 holes, and leading the Wyndham by 2 shots. That would
    be some double, seeing as he’s 66/1. What are the chances, it’s all a bit spooky :whistle:

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 579 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.