Darren's Sports Bets 2019

Home Forums General Sports Darren's Sports Bets 2019

Tagged: 

This topic contains 795 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by BigG BigG 3 hours, 56 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 796 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5355

Prices up for Korn ferry event here my bets

KRISTOFFER VENTURA 28/1

Am taking on Vicktor Hovland this week with a player from Norway.His fellow countryman has been in red hot form at this level 8starts and 2wins was also 3rd last week with a tour card in pocket next season nothing to worry about there.He won same title Cam Champ won last year in Utah and every chance add to it here.

LANTO GRIFFIN 50/1

Another to secure a PGA Tour card next season what intrest me about him this week is last years here been in top ten so handles course well and every chance going close here

PETER UIHELIN 40/1

A former winner here he is won in 2017 so coming back to a place where won at before a bonus for him so knows the track well and is good enough to get card back can go well

CAMERON DAVIS 50/1

This big hitting aussie was 3rd here last year and if look at his form over last month was playing well so this drop down in grade could bring a win and he enjoys this course to

BigG and Raymo you guys have a bet on this event if not that ok but i say this event and next 2weeks will need to keep a eye on these events

DJ 16/1 L Westwood 14/1 K Ventura 28/1 win treble

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4420

Golf bets for this week!!

BMW CHAMPIONSHIP

D JOHNSON 14/1
    A ANCER 66/1
    H VARNER III 125/1
    C CHAMP 200/1

CZECH NASTERS

G COETZEE 45/1
    P WARING 60/1
    B STONE 80/1
    D BURMESTER 100/1

Good Luck This Week Guys :good: :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5355

Good luck Raymo

BigG any bets this week

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1850

Look at Harold Varner III’s placings in the Northern Trust, lads: joint 3rd in the last round and also overall, tied with Rahm. Then look at the prices he’s on offer at. Win only on BF Exch: 260/1 ; to come in first 7, I think on Unibet: 110/1. Will he still in the ascendant, running into his best form. He won the Australan PGA in 2016.
    :mail:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4420

I am already on Grimes!! On BF too!!

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1850

Great stuff, eh, Ray! Fingers crossed… ‘Oooh errr’ as Pat Coombes used to say in the Dick Emery show ? Pat coombes would have been the perfect wife for the fat geezer in the Mony Python Show, lying on the settee, and calling out : ‘Beans! Beans!’

I could imagine my brother-in-law’s father going on like that to his poor, sainted Gran. She was a lovely woman. Then one day, she snapped – came up behind him as he was festering in his armchair and gave his head a right-good walloping. He was always as good a gold after that, strange to relate….

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5789

It’s the late late show here, trying to catch up having spent
    most of yesterday and today in Warwick Hospital where my sis in law
    went through a 5 hour operation. Thankfully she’s doing well :good:

Czech Masters

Thomas Pieters 18/1 (33/1 1st round leader market)

Has a touch of class on his day, unfortunately it’s not been his day for a
    while now. However, he did look more like himself in the Scottish Open
    last month where he started with a 64 and followed it with 3 rounds of
    68 for T20. He made the cut in the Open last time out, but that’s about all.
    He’s had a few weeks break and hopefully he will go into this refreshed.
    If he starts the same way he did in this last year, with a 64, which was
    enough for joint 1st round leader, he would pretty much be guaranteed to
    be in the money again. He’s very capable of shooting really low, as with his
    opening 64 recently in the Scottish Open, and I’d fancy him to have a great
    chance in that market.

Gavin Green 30/1 (40/1 1st round leader market)

I think he’s in with a shout here, he’s been chapping at the door recently,
    and 3 top 10s in his last 5 is pretty solid stuff. It bodes well that he
    took to here last year when he finished outright 3rd with a score of 17 under.
    That included a blistering 1st round 64 to tie with Pieters. I’d settle for a
    one two this time around quite happily.

Jason Scrivener 70/1 (80/1 1st round leader market)

Jason is an old favourite of mine, he’s made me a few bob in the past, but
    he’s kinda fallen off the wagon of late. He looked to be going the right
    way the tail end on last year and beginning of this with 4 top 10s, but
    hasn’t quite looked to threaten recently. He’s had a month off, maybe that
    will have whetted his appetite and he could bounce back here. I feel he’s too
    good a player to ignore at 70/1.

I’m knackered, so I’ll get round to sticking a couple on in the BMW in the
    morning.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5789

BMW Championship

Jon Rahm 11/1 (18/1 1st round leader market)

He must be hurting from last week, I know I am. This is a good chance for him
    to put the Northern Trust behind him, and he’s been playing really good consistent
    golf all year, rarely out of the top 10. I’d kick myself if he managed to get his
    head in front this week and I’d left him behind because of last week. He has a
    serious chance.

Jordan Spieth 30/1 (35/1 1st round leader market)

It seems incredible that you have to go back to the Open in 2017 to find Jordan’s
    lat win. He’s far too good a player to stay in the doldrums for much longer, and his
    T6 last time out at The Northern Trust was a sign he’s coming back to form. He needs
    to get 4 good rounds in, he blew it last week with a 3rd round 74 otherwise he would
    have been in with a good shout. I hope he’s been practicing his woods off the tee, that’s
    where he has struggled. If he gets that sorted he wont be far away.

Andrew Putnam 80/1 (60/1 1st round leader market)

He’s one of the best putters I’ve seen, and his game in general is not bad either.
    He was like Spieth last week, in that he messed up his 3rd round with a 74. Even so
    he finished T12, and had an eye watering 2nd round 64. If he puts it all together this
    week he’s not without a chance and shouldn’t be as big as 80/1.

That’s me done this week. Even though I held my own last week, I was a bit disappointed.
    Hopefully this week I’ll get a decent break of the ball. Best of luck chaps :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5355

Sorry to hear about sister BigG nice to hear doing ok she is

Must be happy with Gavin Green good start by him

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5789

Cheers Darren, thanks for your thoughts on my sis in law. I’m delighted with
    Green, I had checked how he was doing through some of the afternoon but had to
    head to the hospital when he was 3 way tied on 7 under. I’ve just got back in
    and over the moon he birdied the last to take the outright lead. He’s a very nice
    40/1 e/w winner :yahoo:

Pieters at 33/1 and Scrivener at 80/1 for the 1st round both just missed the
    e/w places by 1 shot, but they are well positioned at 5 under for the tournament so
    all in all I’m happy with the way things worked out after the disappointment with
    Rahm last week.

Suri and Porteous are well positioned for you too Darren at 3 under. It could
    be a good week all round :good:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4420

WELL DONE GRAHAM with Mr Green :good: :good: :good:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4420

Hope your sister is improving too :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5789

Cheers Raymo, she is doing well at the moment :good:

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1850

Glad to hear your sis is on the mend, Graham. Belated but sincere. How about Gary Woodland at 500/1 in 5th place, having gained 8 shots today at -9, 3 behind the winner, lads!? Maybe Ray’ll be in like Flynn! It’s only to small amounts, but still and all… He seemed to have nerves of steel when he won the other week, didn’t he?

The Matsuyama who’s already won the round, may have been ‘in the zone’ for too long. We can only hope – from a punting angle. I’m hoping Woodland has been following a game plan. Apparently, He shot a round of 64, only one shot lower than Matsuyama’s, which broke the record for the course (built in 1923), previously held by Tiger Woods and Mike Weir at the 2006 PGA Championship and tied Thursday by first-round co-leaders Justin Thomas and Jason Kokrak. So, it sounds as if Gary’s 64 aso broke that record, only one behind Hideki. Apparently Hideki’s putting was good today, uncharaceristically, apparently – and he doesnt know why.

Gary’s recent win received very little fanfare indeed, it seems to me, yet it looks like he could be a real champion in the making. Quien sabe ?

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1850

I think God must be trying to tell me something again. Just after going on about Woodland’s performance, along comes Justin Thomas and performs miracles, to beat Matsuyama’s new record – with 2 eagles, eight birdies and no bogies ! That mysterious ‘zone’ that so often decides the winners of these tournaments, as much to the puzzlement of the player, himself, as to the others. Though I seem to remember a favourable comment or question by one of you lads concerning Justin Thomas.
    :mail:

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 796 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.