Darren's Sports Bets 2019

Home Forums General Sports Darren's Sports Bets 2019

This topic contains 388 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  darren83 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 376 through 389 (of 389 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5004

Just to add Bazcinzsky price is 25/1 with hills so on her now that price

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5004

Casper Rudd in last 4 in Houston open on him at 25/1 every chance of getting to final bets for Monte Carlo next

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5004

Monte Carlo masters bets

RAFAEL NADAL EVS

Should be odds on but Ladbrokes taking a chance on him back on the clay and a place where he is dominant at he won 11 Monte carlo titles where carear record here reads 68-4 in 3years here only drop 3sets.And in terms of draw got this week.Should win opener then maybe Dimitrov or Shapolov but on clay should go past them.Then maybe Cilic out of form and Wawrinka be harder but can beat him.Semi with Zverev but that rival lost to Munar last week.Doubt Rafa get beat this week.

FELIX AUGER ALLIASSLIME 100/1 EW

Been one of the stars of new season to breakout got to Rio open final a 500 event then got to Miami semi finals which a masters event this kid only 18 is ranked 34 in the world that tells how far he come and he loves clay best surface off course match with Zverev 3rd round be hard but this young star can beat him.After that could be Fognini with Simon and Nishikori in half but his potential so high could defeat them one to watch

STEFANOS TSISIPAS 33/1 EW

While he done well on hard courts this year run to oz open last 4 and he loves playing on the clay and year on after breakout year last season has shown can make further progress this year.Draw this week.Early matches not cause any issues while Danni Medvedev could see him in 3rd round on clay Tsitispas can beat him while a QF with Djokovic be hard Novak not in good form after Indian wells and Miami while Thiem has bad record in Monte carlo.So greek guy can get to final.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5004

ADAM SCOTT 66/1 USPGA

Every chance of him going close here was 4th the last time played at Bethpage black.And was 2nd in USPGA last year been playing better this year and every chance of him going close here

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5004

Gutted last night as Casper Rudd got beat in final in 3sets i get something back on him at 25/1 ew but still gutted over loss

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5004

Bets for RBC Heritage open

LUKE DONALD 80/1

After seeing Tiger Woods win masters with everything he had to deal over the last few years this could insprie a former world number one.There no doubt the tip had his problems but he return to one of his fave courses this week.
    Still not won here but lost a playoff to Snedecker was just piped by Wesley Bryan and other top 5 finishes here he enjoy coming back to a layout he enjoys the most.

PATRICK CANTLAY 22/1

Of those at top of betting for me he stand out on twitter at week i said that his form on the weekend more of a pointer to here.Played at this course twice figures of 3,7 show he loves it.And every chance now got form back can go well.

MATTHEW FITZPATRICK 50/1

If ever a layout on PGA Tour should suit him it is harbour town winners full of links players and while not been at his best on recent starts.But was 2nd at Arnold Palmer which does say starting to get comfy on PGA tour a bold run on the cards.

ALEX NOREN 100/1

Last 2years on twitter been saying this guy should play here when you look at profiles look at Branden Grace him and Noren have lot in common in terms of events win where they play well at.So while he in not in great form this place could turn it around

KEVIN STREELMAN 100/1

This guy not play at the masters and be fresh coming here and every chance of going well was 7th here last year and also been 3rd to.Last time out in Texas was 6th and can go well here.

DANNY WILLETT 150/1

Last time he got a MC but forgive him that as was out of form now while no top ten this year he has got the profile of a champion here with links form has at other courses so if get back to that form can make a impact here.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4086

I have backed three in the Heritage

M FITZPATRICK 50/1
    K KISNER 28/1
    SI WOO KIM 40/1

Quiet week for me on the golf

Good Luck Guys :good: :good:

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2235

I’ve decided I’m going to bet on the non majors in the Golf for a bit. See how I get on. Less financial investment on the normal tournaments but a few selections and hopefully I can find the winnner. Recording all bets to see if it’s profitable over the year. We will see..

Selections for the RBC Heritage will be up before Thursdays action begins.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5004

Raymo did you see SI Woo Kim last time out in texas open how he chuck lead away there and this event last year on sunday he missed short putt after short putt i know as on him at 10/1 at halfway stage but good luck

And nice to see you here MOM as well mate good luck to you

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4086

Yeah but he did well here last year tee to green Darren and at 40/1 I couldn’t let him go without backing him in the hope that his putting has improved LOL

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4086

And welcome and GOOD LUCK MOM. It is nice to have additions to our golfing family :good: :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5302

RBC Heritage

Webb Simpson 25/1 (40/1 1st round leader market)

I fancied Simpson at the tail end of last year for a place at least
    in the Masters and backed him ante post at 100/1. I wasn’t so sure
    going into it as he had lost his form, but he came bouncing back and
    finished T5. That should give him the confidence he may have been missing,
    especially that superb round of 64 in the 3rd round. He will fancy this
    one, having finished T5 here last year also.

Tommy Fleetwood 25/1 (35/1 1st round leader market)

He looked back to form with a T3 and T5 at the Arnold Palmer and Players
    last month. He was steady enough in the Masters last time out without
    ever threatening, but had a decent workout in T36. He is as good as anyone
    when playing well and although there’s not much to go on with previous
    form here, I don’t think he’s played in this one, the set up in the
    course is more similar to Scottish/UK courses. It’s designed in part by Jack
    Nicholas and has strategic bunkers, which is something I think other US
    courses in the main sadly lack. Fleetwood is ranked 4th in sand saves on
    the tour, and that could be important here.

Cameron Smith 60/1 (66/1 1st round leader market)

I’m not sure this isn’t putting heart ahead of head here, he hasn’t managed
    as much this year as I’d hoped for, but I know he’s going to knock it out
    the park one week and I think this might suit him. I’m maybe being a bit
    unfair, he has had a couple of top 10s this year already, it’s maybe that
    I’ve got high expectations for him. I think he’s too big at these odds to
    ignore, so I’ll have a pop.

No European Tour tournament this week, and as there’s plenty going on horse
    and footie midweek, I’ll settle for those 3.
    Best of luck guys, we weren’t too far off last week, other than dismissing
    the Tiger before the off :wacko: Good to see you’re throwing your hat into
    the ring this week MOM, best of luck :good:

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2235

Thanks lads. After much deliberation, I’ve gone for 7 at various prices. I’ll give my reasons, although I’m not at the level of golfing knowledge of you all. I generally stick to the majors. It’s only that I’m in profit of them over the past three years than I feel this may be a worthwhile weekly bet. I’ll stick to the PGA tour most weeks as the European tour and courses generally aren’t my thing (Links Golf in particular).

All bets are each way unless stated. 8 places all. I am aiming to bet a maximum of 7 players each week. That’s my limit and I will stick to it.

So.. I’ve gone for:
    Dustin Johnson – 3 Points @ 8/1
    He was 15/2 with Betfair and Paddy Power who are 8 places (along with Skybet) but I had a Betfair boost and used it for him. Even though this course seems like one for the shorter hitters, I can’t ignore DJ here. He was my main bet for the Masters last week and thought he was generally steady all week until a big finish on the back 9 on the Sunday. He gave a it a good crack in the end but if he can start well enough here, he may be a bit too good for most of these over four rounds.

Webb Simpson – 2.5 points @ 25/1
    He impressed me last week with his iron play and his course record here is very decent. He’s my second biggest bet for this. Expecting a decent week for him.

Patrick Cantlay – 1.75 points @ 18/1
    T3 in 2017 and T7 in 2018 for Cantlay makes him an obvious bet for this at 18/1. Played very well last week too. Hard to ignore imo.

Matt Kuchar – 1.5 points @ 22/1
    I bet him for every major (like I did with Patrick Reed) as I maintain he wins a major at some point. However, I think he’s played some very consistent golf this year and is knocking on the door. A beaten finalist in the Matchplay, he played well all week at the Masters before perhaps lacking an extra gear on the Saturday when the really low scores were going in. A 64 won’t be required here I suspect with steady scoring over the four days possibly enough to win. He’s in.

Tommy Fleetwood – 1.25 points at 22/1
    I’m not sure about Fleetwood. I never seem to get him right. Whenever I leave him alone, he plays well in the majors. Last week I fancied him and he never got into contention at any point over the four days. However, in this field, surely he isn’t a 22/1 shot? 4/1 to place for 8 places is a tidy bet in my view. So I’ve backed him here on that basis – I can only apologise to BigG when he plays poorly and I’ve jinxed TF again.

Bryson Dechambeau – 1.25 points @ 16/1
    Another one I was 50/50 over and, in hindsight, possibly ought to have left him alone as he’s abit shorter than I wanted. However, I’m a sucker for course form in golf and he finished T4 in 2016 and T3 last year. That was enough to back him for a small bet of 1.25 points each way.

Ian Poultier – 1.25 points @ 35/1
    He’s had three decent tournaments here since 2015 and led after 54 holes last year. Combined with his decent performance last week, he’s made it as my 7th selection (instead of Branden Grace) at a tasty price of 35/1.

25 points spent.

Good luck all

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5004

So far so good for Nadal in Monte carlo placed my biggest ever bet on him this week at 11/10 EVS was best price until on sunday Betfred quoted 11/10.I took same price on him to win Madrid open next month as well.Only Djokovic i see beating him

And ok start in golf with NOREN and Cantlay

Viewing 14 posts - 376 through 389 (of 389 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.