Darren's Sports Bets 2019

Home Forums General Sports Darren's Sports Bets 2019

This topic contains 190 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  darren83 7 hours, 21 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4989

Great stuff with the tennis bets Darren, you’ve had some run :good:

Apologies for not putting this up earlier, but I clocked Casey on a run on
    Friday, I saw his price starting to tumble, from 20s, and by the time he was
    best priced 7s with Boylesports I couldn’t hold out any longer. I still thought
    Spieth would win at that time, so it was very early insurance bet ……

Date Bet Ref. Event / Market Selection Hcp Bet Type Odds Total Stake Return Leg Status Result
    8 Feb 2019 21:25 795/858 AT and T Pebble Beach Pro-Am- Outright Live Betting Casey, Paul Single 7/1 40.00 0.00 Open Pending

I don’t see anyone getting past Casey or Mickelson now, so I’ve just taken the 5/1 that’s still
    on offer for Mickelson with Boylesports at 6pm. That’s me finished, if one of them doesn’t win then
    it’s been a costly tournament for me.

Darren your man Harkins has started really well in the last round, he’s 3 under for his round
    after 4 holes. That’s got him to 9 under and T7, if he can keep it up you have a great shout of
    an E/W at 200/1 with him. Good luck mate :good:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20105

Great stuff guys.. :good:

I was up the bookies earlier, put £5 in the bet machine
    some bloke comes out of toilets and says he already had a fiver in there, I check and he is correct so I let him back on and read the racing post. He’s done and says he’s left a bet for me on there. I go back over and it’s City to win 6-0 at 100/1
    I promptly remove it……. :wacko: :wacko:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4835

I just seen that mate i check scores about 60 seconds see he is flying be intresting can get few more birdies before coming to back 9

I hope TYLER MC CUMBER can win on web.com event 2 off lead on final day he is

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4989

I’m not sure about the machine in bookies Raymo, I haven’t been in a bookies in years
    now, I’m all online. I take it you didn’t take the 6-0 result he had left up, holy **** Raymo
    that’s an absolute killer :wacko:

Good luck with McCumber Darren :good:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3834

?? I wouldn’t know how to work the machines in bookies Graham :wacko: :wacko:

Good Luck tonight guys and it looks like you have it sewn up at Pebble Beach unless someone shoots the lights out!!

WELL DONE with the Tennis Darren :good: :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4835

Lefty won at pebble beach you get the feeling with Casey he not like being in front on saturday night needs to be the chaser bets up soon for genesis open.Super 6 event preview up tomorrow

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4835

Genesis open

XANDER SCHAUFFELE 25/1

Was 9th here last year on debut here which a fine start by him won Tournament of Champions event with stunning final round of 61.Since then been 25th at farmers and 10th at Phoniex open both decent efforts but expect him go even better here

ADAM SCOTT 40/1

No doubt in my mind this course a link to Augusta and look at results of travellers championship as well Bubba a multilple winner of these events but left him out as not defend a title yet.But aussie players go well here and Scott been 2nd here before has a green jacket to.And did well at farmers 2nd he was that week show he can have a fine 2019 look for him to have a impact here.

CAMERON SMITH 40/1

Was 6th here last year still not won a PGA Tour event on his own yet but getting close and look at event last year he was up with Cantlay and Bubba but fade away final day but much better player now won OZ PGA Title can go well here

CAMERON CHAMP 100/1

1ST time a 3 figure price in a way see why has making debut here and recent form not great but with link to Augusta and every expert tell you that is ideal course for him if that the case and can go well here ideal layout for him

PATRICK RODGERS 225/1

3 MC in a row not ideal but with the link to travelers championship he was 3rd there few years ago and recent tries here been in mid 20s he been this type of layout for me suits him well and no reason to suggest can’t go well.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4989

World Super 6 Perth

Tom Lewis 20/1 (28/1 1st round leader market

He didn’t make the cut here last year, but he’s a much better player now
    and judging by his T9 in the Abu Dhabi last month, and his 3rd last time
    out in the Saudi International, he’s in sparkling form. Being able to create
    birdies in match play, in the final round, is more important than just being
    steady, you can make up for bad mistakes if you hit enough birdies, and Lewis
    makes plenty. He scored 62, 65 in his last 2 rounds. He has a major shout here.

Thomas Pieters 20/1 (28/1 1st round leader market)

This quirky format could suit him, as he’s a quirky player. He hadn’t been in the
    best of form in general, but I put him up in the Saudi International a couple of
    weeks back as I thought he gave the impression in the last couple of rounds in the
    Dubai Desert Classic that his game looked like he was on the way back. He hit a
    brilliant 1st round 63, which gave him the outright lead, and a nice pay packet for
    me at 40/1. He blew his chances with a 2nd round 74, but finished with 69, 67. If he
    plays anywhere near as good as his 1st round he could blow this field away in the 1st
    3 rounds, and match play is right up his street if he gets to the final day.

Lucas Herbert 22/1 (30/1 1st round leader market)

In very good form at the moment, that is if you can forgive his poor 3rd round
    76 last week in the Handa Vic Open, which made him miss the cut by 1. He’s
    better than that, and he’s another who fires in the birdies, so could go
    very well here considering that he finished 3rd in this last year. I think
    the 22s with Sky will disappear very quickly, I could see him ending up
    favourite for this at around 16/1 before a ball is struck.

Ben Eccles 90/1 (80/1 1st round leader market)

He’s played most of his golf in the Challenge Tour, and done reasonably well
    with quite a few top 20s, including 3 top 10s last year. At 24 he could be
    improving, and his T6 in the Ozzie PGA comprised of 4 very decent rounds.
    He just missed the cut last week in the Vic Open, but that was his 1st
    tournament this year so hopefully that will have him primed for this week.
    I think the 90/1 with Sky is LUDICROUS !!. He should be about half those odds
    I reckon so I’ve had a good E/W on him.

At this point most firms haven’t priced up the 1st round betting market, so
    with the exception of Eccles, who I’ve taken with Sky at 80/1, I still have
    to have a 1st round punt on them. I’ll add them in when that market is properly
    formed.

You have to hand it to Big Phil, he still looks world class at 48 years, and deserved
    his win at Pebble Beach. I put him up as a saving bet on the last day, as I already
    had Casey, but the 5/1 I took barely covered my ass in the competition, I just about
    broke even. Hopefully I can get back on track this week. Darren it’s a pity your man
    Harkins blew up, he would have been a cracking E/W at those odds, but your tennis
    betting has been inspired of late, keep it up mate :good:

Raymo you need to get your “Fowler form” back, but hopefully without the agonising :wacko:

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3834

I just can’t get em to have a decent last round Graham !! LOL

Well done in the States though mate :good:

Will get my picks this week on later today.

I am not that far off though on reflection Chester and Shinkwin just out the top eight last week!!

But hopefully can some in the top eight this week!! :good: :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4835

I left super 6 alone last year but got a feeling i wish i did this week to bets below

L Herbert 20/1
    A OTAGUEI 45/1
    S KIM 55/1
    C SORDETT 80/1

A OTAEGUI and X SCHAUFFELE win double as well.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3834

Okay have em sorted for this week!! Hopefully :good: :good:

WORLD SUPER SIX
    R FOX 28/1
    J NITTIES 150/1
    M GRIFFIN 80/1
    M STIEGER 175/1

GENESIS OPEN

J THOMAS 14/1
    H MATSUYAMA 30/1
    A HADWIN 55/1
    K NA 100/1

I think JT should be a lot closer to DJ price wise in this and seven places at 14/1 looks LARGE to me. Also Matsuyama could go very very close if he can warm his putter up a bit !!

Good Luck Guys :good: :good:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4989

Genesis Open

Bryson DeChambeau 16/1 (28/1 1st round leader market)

I don’t really need to say much about DeChambeau, it’s all been said before. Suffice to
    say that at the top of his game he’s capable of winning anything anywhere. He’s also had
    experience round here which is essential, in the last 13 starts here, all winners had 5
    previous starts before they won, with the exception James Hahn who won on his 3rd start
    in 2015. This doesn’t bode well for the likes of John Rahm, great player that he is, but
    with the 3 of us being smart cookies, none of us have gone for him (is that tempting fate :unsure: )

Patrick Cantlay 30/1 (40/1 1st round leader market)

Hopefully Cantlay is over whatever ailed him last week, when he had to pull out of the AT&T
    at Pebble Beach, and as long as he is he has every chance of being a main player here. He’s
    been in excellent form having 4 straight top 10 finishes before his missed cut last time out
    at the Farmers. If he can be excused that blip, and I think he can, then he must be one of the
    leading fancies to take this. Has plenty of experience around here, and his T4 finish last year
    shows he can compete on the course. Definitely a main player if fit and well.

Cameron Smith 40/1 (50/1 1st round leader market)

Darren has already made the case for Smith, and I’m in agreement that he has a decent shout in
    this and can hopefully better his T6 finish last year.

Scott Stallings 90/1 (66/1 1st round leader market)

I’m amazed at the 90/1 that’s on offer with Bet365 for Stallings (I’ve also taken him at 80/1
    8 places with Sky). He was in cracking form last time out at the AT&T at Pebble Beach, finishing
    3rd on his own behind Phil and Casey with 4 very good rounds. He was in similar form this time
    last year when he finished 7th in the AT&T and then followed it up with a T4 here. A repeat of
    that would make a nice profit, but I wouldn’t rule out a win either. I’m pretty keen on his
    chance this week.

Just about broke even last week, but hoping I can get back to winning ways this week. Best of
    luck guys :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4835

Raymo and BigG i seen in racingpost today that some bookies are paying out on 54hole winner of super six so for insurance i also got my 4bets in that market. to be gutted if one of them tops it and get beat in playoff

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4835

Guys i look at the open and added 2bets for open championship i am shocked by prices given as well.

XANDER SCHAUFFELE 50/1 Open championship

Should not be forgotten he played really well in open last year maybe nerves got to him in this major shot final round 74.But since then pick up a WGC in Asia won tournament of champions.He playing better and is getting better to.Current 50/1 is madness should be shorter but i take it i will.

PATRICK CANTLAY 80/1 Open championship

Was 12th in open last year not shoot a score in 60s but every chance he improve on that this year took De Chambeau to limit in Shriners and this guy got form at tracks in America that links style course 3rd in Heritage open.And he a class act

I feel that if bookies open up a market for any event that Cantlay never be 80/1 for anything and also i doubt Xander be 50/1 for a event again so find it crazy in a way that these class players are this big any views guys.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4989

Cheers Darren, I’ve also added my 4 in the World Super 6 in the 54 hole winner market
    Thomas Pieters 15/1
    Tom Lewis 16/1
    Lucas Herbert 18/1
    Ben Eccles 100/1

I’ve taken Eccles E/W, the rest on the nose.
    I hope I get a decent result out of this, it’s been a fair investment with the outright,
    1st round, and the 54 hole markets. It all tots up a fair bit, but it’s sure to be worth
    it…..won’t it ? :unsure:

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 191 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.