Darren's Flat horses 2018

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Darren's Flat horses 2018

This topic contains 66 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  darren83 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author

muggins_here
    Participant
    • Total Posts 56

Good luck Dazza. Hopefully you’ll be poppin some irn bru bottles to celebrate alot of winners this season. :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4656

Thank you Muggins though more of a can drinker of that fine drink mate

WALDGEIST 5/2 3.20 Longchamp

While a 1m4 best trip for him he did run best race last year when 2nd in french derby and with heavy ground it feel like a 1m4 race and though not win this year can make 4yo debut with a win.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4656

RAVENS HAT 100/30 8.30 Dundalk

Ran in 3 maidens for John Oxx and now going into handicaps expect horse be ok on AW and expect a big run from horse tonight.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4656

3 bets at Chelmsford tonight

ZAC BROWN 7/2 7.45

Likes it here as a CD winner before not look like catching horse last time out but is on the same mark for today and with the fact like it here think will win

KYLLACCHY GALA 3/1

Marco Botti a man i follow on AW races has fine record on all the AW tracks and can add another winner here tonight.Was 3rd last time at Kempton only won once on AW but that was 2races a go and can add another tonight

BETJEMEN 11/4

I like Hughie Morrison horses here when they run over this sort of trip was big prices in 3 maiden races he ran last season.But always felt once he enter handicaps see best of him can start that tonight.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4656

BROADWAY 11/4 3.30 Leopardstown

Ran once at 2 was 4th behind Butterscotch but more expected from her over this trip at 3 being related to Danedream and Venice Beach suggest this trip and 1m4 be ideal for her if fit should be winning today

GARDENS OF BABYLON runs today 40/1 derby ew bet he is should have enough to win maiden today even though ground not ideal.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4656

Craven meeting this week some of my bets for it rest be put up in week to

MILDENBERGER 15/8 To win Gerry Fielden

Getting weight from main rival in Kew Gardens and i rate AOB horse think a leger type but best time for him get beat be on debut.And this Mark Johnson has good form won on debut and 3rd in Royal lodge to.Should be hard to beat.

DEAUVILLE 9/4 To win Earl of Sefton

While i think 3yos from AOB yard need the run think older horses be fit enough to win and this as a starter is ideal race for him.Was 2nd here in Royal lodge here few years ago

THREADING 100/30 To win Neil gywn stakes

Won 1st 2 starts but then was 7th here in Chevley park doubt it was track why got beat and extra furlong here not be a problem for her and Mark Johnson will have her fit as can be to.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8298

Good Luck this year Darren.

I noticed you like Kinaesthesia from Ralph Beckett’s yard.

I made a note of her after her debut because I thought she did really well to stick on and fend them off that day. Initially I thought she was going to win well that day but then I thought they were going to swallow her up but she held on to win a short head.

I read that Ralph Beckett feels she will “Make a lovely 3YO” and I would expect her to go to Chester or Lingfield in the build up towards the Oaks. The off-putting thing for me was her RPR of 72 because I like 2YO horses to hit between 80 and 90 on RPRs on their first start, when thinking towards the Classics. I usually work on a theoretical two stone improvement for the average horse with one run at two going into it’s second season. It’s just a ball park figure of course and some will be capable of more, however regarding horses heading to the upper echelons, it’s a guide figure for me.

Nice to see how she goes forward this year and at 50/1 you only need a few quid for an interest.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1052

On Kinaesthesia, for all the RPR, there have been a few winners come out of the race too- a lot of signs point towards a much better 3yo….whether that’s classic quality Steve as you say is another thing!

I haven’t watched the two maidens, but it was only 4 seconds slower than the earlier maiden where the winner had a run already….he got an RPR of 89?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4656

Thank you Steve i do follow this yard when it comes to Oaks horses other entry in race won at Kempton on debut but like this one more

Any views on Stream Song in terms of Oaks

Jack any views on classics this year any bets you on.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4656

Happy with MILDENBERGER today best time to take on Kew Gardens who need the run will come on from that once tackling longer trips and more races he had.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1052

No bets as yet Darren- On Stream Song, being tied in with Journey she might take a while to come to hand…Quoted as going to target an oaks trial with her, they’ve given her an entry on Monday at Windsor in a handicap.

I haven’t had a massive look- Highgarden was impressive!

Have you anything selected for the derby?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7381

One flat horse for your notebook Darren from my visit to Newmarket today.
    You’ll be seeing a lot more of JACKSTAR in the major sprints this year.
    He was a standout in the paddock today, looked like a 3yo and beat some decent newcomers.
    :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8298

I thought Kew Gardens was a shade disappointing today but I reckon the trip was too short for him. Not many horses go from 10F at 2YO, back to 9F on debut at 3YO.

He was pushed out in the Leger betting and I feel this was the wrong race to start him off in.

Roaring Lion’s form has been boosted with Nelson and Mildenberger winning and it was not surprising to see him cut for the Guineas. Roaring Lion may be the 2000 Guineas favourite shortly.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4656

Thank you Trip for that hope you be coming here more often as well as enjoy talking to you about racing.You off to Newmarket today and tomorrow

Jack if Stream Song turn up in handicap i she do a Jack Hobbs did at Sandown next stop a trail

THE PENTAGON in derby for me while run on sunday not ideal ground against him and doubt that fit will improve for that run on better ground

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7381

I didn’t go today just Tuesday and Craven Day this week Darren, but I did back Soliloquy and Altyn Orda today and put them up in Nathan’s Craven Meeting competition last night.

Soliloquy was one of my notebook horses last year so over the moon that she won the Nell Gwyn and Altyn Orda another who didn’t disgrace herself today.

Have a good season Darren, and will pop by from time to time..Jac :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.