The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dante 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Dante 2011

Viewing 8 posts - 35 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

If Aidan thought Seville would win he would have Fallon on him.French jockeys don’t do real good at Epsom.Your best jockey on your best horse….

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I can’t see the form being turned around at Epsom- Seville had already won a G1, CH was still green in the prelims and early in the race. It was a very likeable performance but 2/1 is too short.
    If you forced me to have a bet it would be on recital, though he doesn’t look entirely straightforward. Fallon opined that the strong headwind may have been a factor in the way he raced up the Leopardstown straight, which was interesting.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

That was good yesterday. He looked a grinder at Newbury but you’d have to be impressed with the turn of foot he showed towards the end as well as the really likable head carriage.

Stamina, turn of foot, good attitude, wins the preeminent Derby trial and is trained by the master.

Will take a seriously good ‘un to lower his colours at Epsom, imo.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Have taken a bit of 10/1 Pour Moi today with the news that he’s a likely runner- French win was impressive.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

The grandson married, her horse wins the Derby, and she visits GAA headquarters at Croke Park.What more to come? Converts to Catholicism!!!!!!!!The Church of England comes back to the fold.Not so loud…. please. We all die happy.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

Whats the story with Fabre and Coolmore/Godolphin?

Did i imagine it or was he "unveiled" as Godolphins "french arm" or something like along those lines a year or two ago? I haven’t heard much since. Can anyone shed any light?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Well that’s basically it, Fabre is Godolphin/Darley’s main trainer in France. Modern History ran yesterday for the partnership, but another trainer also ran a horse for Darley/Godolphin so it’s not an exclusive partnership. I believe Cavalryman was the first Group 1 winner for them.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

Cheers. I’m therefore suprised he’s still training Coolmore owned horses then personally, suppose its the estemm the man (Febre) is held in.

Viewing 8 posts - 35 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.