The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Curragh Cup group 2

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Curragh Cup group 2

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4582

Master Of Reality 4/1

Has 2 1/2 lengths to make up on wordsworth, but was giving wordsworth 3lb and race fitness that day

He is also the much fresher horse with aidans horse having run at ascot over 2m5f

Good chance that piece of form is reversed especially over 1m6f imo

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26066

Agree FF91
    What was Moore doing on Wordsworth at Ascot.?? Can’t imagine it being a training in public exercise. Must be one of the worst rides on a favourite ever at the Royal meeting. Completely cut the horses throat. Nate the Great finished stone last with an 80/1, 25/1 and a 50/1 shot between him and Wordsworth and all because neither jockey would let the other go on.
    I like Wordsworth but he needs taking on here. I’ve taken both Master of Reality and Gear Up against him

Member since March 2008
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4582

I wanted to take him on at Royal ascot as I don’t rate him at all so happy to take him on again

Will need to be a very hardy horse to be running near his best today

And even his best might not be good enough

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2490

I think Gear Up could be the class horse judged on his 2-year old form when winning the Criterium at Saint Cloud over 1m2f on heavy ground. He met proper G1 horses in defeat last year when he ran against Alenquer and Yibir and he should relish the step up in trip. 11/2 is a proper price given the staying potential he might have in him.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4582

I strongly considered him too but had him as a doubtful stayer

His 3 goes at 1m4f or further feature weakened final furlong twice and weakened gradually from 2f out

That put me off

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2490

I know, FF91. But I’m just hoping he could be another improving Joseph O’Brien trained 4-year old.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3503

I liked Gear Up too. I’d hope they ride him like his seasonal reappearance and get some cover.

Joseph is good when sending horses up in trip and personally i’d trust him. I think his form at the back end of this 3yo career fell off a cliff and i’m not sure that’ll have been solely down to the trip.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13906

I went with Gear Up as well. Think he’s worth another go at the trip, though it’s an obvious concern

Gear Up 6’s

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4582

Market very much speaking for gear up out of the obrein two atm

Been money for Sussex too

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2490

Is there a jockey out there riding The Curragh better than Colin Keane?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.