The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

CUMIN

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Click Function button ( Big F at top, between the Ascending buttons and that funny E thingy :biggrin:) Pru, it’s in there, STDEVP etc

(Edited by empty wallet at 10:17 pm on Aug. 11, 2006)

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Mercy buckets.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Armigerant ran quite a good time to chase home Strategic Prince in the July Stakes. Wouldn’t be the first H=Johnston horse to bounce back from a poor run.

Would rather back that or Eddie Jock than the fav.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

EC

Shergar Cup day is not good for the punter, but FWIW i thought Armigerant was worth giving another chance to here

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Nice one EC

That looked a decent performance and franks Just Dust form nicely

<br>Johnston horse disappointing again, maybe another CaV Okay

(Edited by empty wallet at 2:10 pm on Aug. 12, 2006)

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Eddie Jock was indeed a good result. :biggrin:

Just Dust would have been even better, and initially I was disappointed that he wasn’t far clear of the rest last night. Do the rest of you make that  – last night’s Newmarket nursery – another strong race on time, however?

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Nice one Pru – Aftertimer :biggrin:

<br>I thought JD didn’t quite get home over the stiff 7f, but still performed well clockwise, and would really fancy him on a less testing track

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

What do you think of Cumin’s run at Goodwood today?<br>Set a fierce pace up front, burnt off the co leader but then got oustayed by the first 2

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 12:44 pm on Aug. 5, 2006[br]Its pointless getting all worked up by speed figures. Cumin has won a maiden at the 4th attempt and we don’t know if there was anything of not behind. It was a decent performance and she could improve but I’d wait to see what she does next time before getting too excited. Sander Camillo is top filly for me thus far.<br>

Hate to say I told you so EC but Cumin beaten fair and square today. It was flattered when it won and thats as good as it gets. May well be quick though – that’s not my area of expertise. ;)

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

I entirely agree EC. Both Cumin and Princess Taisse cut each other’s throats. As you say, Cumin did very well to finish 3rd. Very poor jockeyship by both Hills and Fanning, setting the race up for the others. I suppose once they had committed, they probably knew their fate.

The celebration Mile was also farcical with Spencer and Kinane too busy watching each other to notice that the others had a 6 length start.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Cumin is a nice horse but frankly there hasnt been much coming from the stable to indicate that they think shes special (unless ive missed something)

All very well saying that she lost because she was "ridden into the ground" but thats the way she runs isnt it? Worked last time but couldnt dominate this time. Same jockey as last time of course, so whatever you think of M Hills, he should have been able to gauge the race

Not entirely convinced it was one of those races where front runners cut each others throats either. Princess T may just not be all that good

Sometimes its just a very simple fact that if they are good enough they will win. If a horse can only win when everything drops just right, then…well…

One win in five now (in good races admittedly)

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Given what others are saying…think ill watch this again :)

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Fair enough Stav.

Ec why get so wound up? Not every difference of opinion is a dig and you were dishing it  out alittle earlier in the thread.

Shes a good filly but probably not a Sander C

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

Ok EC I will attempt to answer your post.

This thread is about highlighting races where maiden runners are worth following next time…is that not clear?

Actually no it isn’t because judging by the title thread I thought we were discussing one horse – Cumin.

I highlighted two such races last year..on this board..lots of winners came from them ..I don’t really care what happens in these group races..Nidhaal also got beat last year after the maiden win..got out done by Fallon using his head at Newbury..on that occasion I was again accused of making excuses…and yet it was common knowledge that fallon had found the fast strip under the rail at Newbury…but again..the group race isn’t the be all and end all of these….it’s those behind I’m interested in…anyone who posted here last year knows what the threads are about.

Well I certainly wasn’t complaining or having a dig becuase I wasn’t a member until the end of last year.

Perhaps if threads I start are viewed as trying to assist ..rather than vehicles for folk scoring points off me..which I find a little sad ..they may stay in context.

When an individual has contributed 1300 posts it would be a worrying state of affairs if they only post to point score. I have no grievances with you or any other member of the forums and it is folly to suggest I post to point score. Trawl through all of my 1300 hundred posts if you like and you’ll see 2 attempts to point score – both in friendly conversation with DavidJohnson. I have not attempted to score points at your expense anywhere EC. I find your threads interesting but I do have a brain of my own and it is perfectly feasible I might disagree with what you say rather than disagree just so I can slag you off. I hope your threads do stay in context and my post was based around the title of the thread.

The idea of raising the maiden race as one to watch..was for people’s benefit here. At the moment..ignoring the winner..as it cannot run in a maiden and hasn’t run in a handicap..there have been two runners and one winner at 6/1…ie in races where they may be under bet..yes?

No mention of that winner of course..but as soon as the winner fails to win every race it gets entered in..ooh the race was s**t <br>and your figures are wrong blah blah.

Like I have said, I know very little about speed figures and I bow down to your superior knowledge with regards to sectionals and ground conditions etc.

I disagreed with you after Cumin won as I posted on p2 based on how weak I thought the race was along with other factors. If the horse (Cumin) had won today I would have come on to this thread and praised you for making a good call. I understand what your saying with regards to the placed horses and I will watch how they get on but am rather sceptical with regards to their chances.

Deary me lads..I’m a losing punter..getting one up on me doesn’t move you far up the food chain I’m afraid.

I agree.

I didn’t back the horse today..I’ll just point out..I did say that BEFORE the race..6/4 in a Group 3 isn’t the idea of posting a thread like this..it’s the maiden race that is being highlighted.

If you don’t want to support horses that have a big edge in maiden races and handicaps..then I won’t bother.

Fair points and I am interested in what other people think are well treated and you have made some got spots in the past.

Reading through this thread..is distasteful to me..folk just posting from the first page..to belittle and score points..why?..

Its odd..because AP started a similar thread to this re the Hannon 2yo..he got no stick..oneupmanship comments or snidey digs

now why is that?..the bloke just posted to highlight something..thats why..he didn’t deserve stick..so why is this thread treated in such a different way

yer can all bollox with this sort of sh*t yer know

As I have already said I have no desire to belittle you or score points. If you want to see a sarcastic vindictive 19 year old in action then maybe we can sort something out though. If you find my comments "distasteful" then I am sorry but people do disagree you know, you don’t have to take it personally.

If I disagreed with what Ap said I would tell him I disagreed and I am sure he wouldn’t take it personally.

I hope this answers your question(s) EC.

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

Come on EC spit it out who informed you they are a big boy?

Or do you want to turn it into a three guesses game?

:look: :naughty:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.