The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

CUMIN

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

She totally destroyed them yesterday and she was entitled to after an unlucky run in the Chesham and a decent second to Medicine Path last time (although he hardly set the world alight in the Vintage). The debutants were largely lacklustre with the exception of Perfect Star in 2nd, although she was an unconsidered outsider. Overall I’m not sure how good Cumin is – she’s definitely one for longer distances and it would be interesting to see her against Sudoor in the Fillie’s Mile. It will be even more interesting to see if anything comes out of Cumin’s race.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Raw figs

Cumin 113<br>Strategic Prince 110<br>Sander Camillo 109<br>Elhamri 108<br>Hellvelyn 108

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

EC has answered for me trackside :cool:

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

The sectionals make quite interesting reading at Goodwood this week (though annoyingly there are none for the Sussex Stakes, which I’m not convinced was run as fast as some people think).

Finishing speed as a % of overall speed for the final 2f of 7f races are as follows:

Iffraaj 105.12<br>Strategic Prince 104.36<br>Minority Report 105.68<br>Dream Theme 99.76<br>Cumin 98.56<br>Red Evie 107.05<br>Just Dust 97.91

There should be some sort of general correlation between the overall timefigure (compared to ability) and the finishing speed. They finished fast in first three races and Red Evie’s race on account of going slowly before that.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

And Just Dust’s time looks pretty good as well as Cumin’s.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Quote: from Prufrock on 9:20 pm on Aug. 4, 2006[br]And Just Dust’s time looks pretty good as well as Cumin’s.<br>

<br>112.5 :biggrin:

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Sir, sir! EC said "14" to begin with, sir. He did, sir! :o

I think I have it something similar, me’sen.

Chompy Draw Boy
    • Total Posts 29

Yes, Cumin wasn’t flattered by lack of competition for the lead, one of the main dangers being taken out or a tailwind. Clearly top class…

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Chompy

You sound like N Mordin

<br>Do you want to throw out  horses too?

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

EC

Chompy does try to take pee a bit, but overall i’ve found him to be ok tbh

<br>

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

<br> EC<br> The quality of the opposition does make a difference! Even Andrew Beyer eventually realised that. <br> The Cav Okay’s and David Bedford’s of this world can run fast times, but never with a gun to their head!

daiesy
    • Total Posts 104

Come on people, it’s all friendly here!!:o

Barry Hill’s has better 2yo’s than that or so the word is!!

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Its pointless getting all worked up by speed figures. Cumin has won a maiden at the 4th attempt and we don’t know if there was anything of not behind. It was a decent performance and she could improve but I’d wait to see what she does next time before getting too excited. Sander Camillo is top filly for me thus far.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Right with Flat here

Four attempts to get a win is a bit unusual for a potential top class filly

Im definately with sander. That was a good field and the way she flew away from them was pretty awesome

and although jockies can talk a load of rubbish, Frankies comments were pretty forthright

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

In usual circumstances perhaps so, but on closer inspection she was second to the Cherry Hinton runner-up on her debut, was hampered in a listed race and was second to a horse that finished fifth (despite shaping as if likely to be better off back at 6f) in the Vintage stakes on her 3 earlier outings.<br>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.