The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cumberland Lodge 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Cumberland Lodge 2009

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2160

Firstly, what a poor show this fine race is not on terrestial. A really interesting line up…

Thoughts?

Im not a big one for the “jockey factor” but given the way Campanologist is generally ridden, woulkd rather see Frankie here

Would be concenred about Drill Sergeant driopping back in trip. Macarthur has been off too long for me. Not original negatives, but ones i tend to always factor in

Masterof thehorse really didnt perform last time despite the anticiptaed improvement expected when moving from Ballydoyle :wink:

Im interested in Mawatheeq. Bit unexposed compared with most of these and although behind on offical ratings, did win that last race well and stable in ok form still

And then i go to oddschcker and see its only bloody 5-1 anyway…

Still….

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

I saw Mawatheeq at Doncaster, Clive, and he displayed the sleekest turn of foot I witnessed all week at the Leger festival.

A beautiful looking animal too, a real athlete, filling the eye, powerful, a gliding action well suited to bouncing off a fast surface.

Trouble is, I wouldn’t ordinarily have had this colt at a mile and a half: I fancied him bigtime for the Cambridgeshire but here he is, in the Cumberland Lodge. Time and time again this season (Aajel, Oasis Knight, Qelaan, Askar Tau, to name but four), when stepping up horses in trip, the Kingsdown stable aren’t often wrong. He could outclass this lot and 5/1 wouldn’t necessarily put me off in a race Tregoning has won before.

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2160

Nice summary Max and type of stuff that makes this forum so useful. I saw it on Tv but isnt it always the case that real impressions are made when lseen live?

I would trust MT’s judgement too

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

I’d be concerned about Drill Sergent dropping back in trip, too, but he’s a consistent sort and comes into the race in decent form, unlike many of the others. CD winner.

Kingdom Of Fife should also be therabouts. He has stamina to prove, but is open to improvement, unlike some of the more obvious candidates, and comes into the race in good form.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Nice performance. Richard Hills is flying today.

Can the winner step up to the highest level?

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2160

Yes…nice one Max too

I think so Bosranic. That was a decent field of reasonable yardsticks and the winner is still quite lightly raced

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

The stable are talking about supplementing him for the Champion Stakes, Nic/Clive. If Tregoning thinks he’s in the Nayef class then (as today proves), he’s not often wrong. I’m going down that day so I hope the colt is supplemented. A very, very nice horse.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.