The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Crucible

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi all

I imagine that authors don’t necessarily start with "Once upon a time" and then work towards "they all lived happily ever after." Initially they might write the end.  When this has been finished it would require buds, leaves and stems.  At this point they would have the beginning and the end.  After much brainstorming from both directions a middle could be conceived. The story is assembled in the correct order and the job is done.<br>How would you describe a successful bettor’s, end scenario, pre-race activities?

byefrom<br>carlisle<br>

(Edited by carlisle at 7:14 am on April 7, 2007)

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I dont know what do you think Carlisle ?

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi davejay

like you, at this stage, I wouldn’t claim to know anything.  I think time considerations are vitally important. Betrich will spend no longer than 2 hours to analyse at least 6 races each day.  He would definitely like to reduce this amount of effort though.  The first hour will involve running some computer software that draws all his ideas about racing systems together and presents them in meaningful fashion. This task is done in the evening.

The second hour is used to interpret this new refined data. A big part of this will be the feeling that he may well be surprised at what the printout tells him.  If it was within his power to always predict what it would say, he would already be a millionaire.

After much logical scutiny, investment decisions can then be made from a reasoned position of strength.

There is no point in being successful for a day, a week or a month, it has to be totally sustainable. Otherwise it’s just a waste of time and energy.

The William Hill organisation don’t scatch their heads and think "how are we going to make money today!"

byefrom<br>carlisle<br>

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I think it is a good idea to have your own method of assessment the day before the racing, some sort of database with an application that will extract and analyse data from it.

The day of the racing must be just about betting and getting the right prices for any selections, after the racing you would simply start again. You have hit the nail on the head really with your reference to time .. there’s simply not enough of it to get carried away with or planning grand schemes.

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi dave Jay

Mr Betrich doesn’t have a conventional job, he is a full time professional bettor.  Therefore time is on his side and not against him.  Even so, he values each minute.

Having thought about the three phases of his story, I would catorgorise them as the following:

1. Preparation          (feeds the process)<br>2. Process               (produces the insightful printouts)<br>3. Interpretation       (connects bet with printout)

Still very much focusing on the third element, has anyone ever about this concept of "Interpretation".

What words or phrases might seem relevent to it …..?

byefrom<br>carlisle<br>

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

Carlisle,

I never wish to appear stupid….but…

it’s either that or you talk in such an abstract way I have no idea what your going on about..

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi Sailing Shoes

you’re are not stupid, I am just trying to be radical. In order to try to understand the mindset of a winner we need to step out of our comfort zone.<br> <br>Thanks for your reply, I wouldn’t call the theme of this thread as abstract it’s trying to give a different and sort of deconstructive approach.

We all want to be very successful winners, unless we operate<br>in a business like manner this will remain a dream.  To even attempt to win money without thorough planning is folly.

However, me included, we all jump in feet first.

I am not trying to quote the gospel according to carlisle.<br>It would be useful to just debate things.

I certainly don’t have all the answers…..yet.

byefrom<br>carlisle<br>

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Great thread lads, all we need now is for Gamble to contribute!!;)

Colin

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Gamble is a loser.<br>Investment is a winner.

(Edited by carlisle at 6:47 am on April 28, 2007)

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

Quote: from carlisle on 5:57 pm on April 23, 2007[br]Gamble is a loser.

Bah!

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

you’re a quick learner.

carlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi gang

having just watched "Working Lunch" apparently I am a devotee of Edward de Bono’s way of thinking.

Never heard of him!

byefrom<br>carlisle

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.