The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Craven Stakes

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Craven Stakes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1713

Bit of a disappointing turn out seeing as there is no real standout to scare anyone away. NATIVE APPROACH could be anything but has been priced up unsurprisingly as a shortie. He’s had two runs on the AW so make of that what you will. ALCANTOR ran well to finish runner up in a group 1 at the back end of the season in France. It didn’t look the strongest race and on bare form I reckon EBEN SHADDAD has the edge after a fine third in the Dewhurst.
    He’s had two runs here so should be well accustomed and will hopefully relish the trip. A question that does need answering nevertheless.

EBEN SHADDAD 4/1

Participant
    • Total Posts 16448

Two Class 5 runs on the All Weather and straight into a Group 3 race in preparation for the Greenham or Guineas :wacko: sounds crazy but having watched those 2 races I think Native Approach might be a bit special, He has the most electric turn of foot and a lovely action covering a lot of ground at lightning speed.

He holds entries in the Greenham and 2000 Guineas where he is currently 40/1. That price will tumble a fair way if he is successful tomorrow and if he is as good as his Sire he could be the one to take on City Of Troy who is yet to race this year. :good:
    Looking forward to seeing them in the parade ring.

Best of luck with Eben Shaddad Chivers. :good:

Native Approach – 9/4
    10.20pm – Now 5/2 joint triple favourite.

Wonder who will go off Fav. tomorrow.

We really need to see a future Champ. tomorrow
    Jac
    :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 340

Are the Newmarket area trainers behind in their training schedules this year?
    Only one race from the fourteen run in the first 2 days has been won by a horse trained there.

Haatem for me today.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1303

Native Approach for me too. Something about dark horses that stir the imagination in the hope they could be very good.

On the other hand, if the exposed Haatem wins, it’ll be rather underwhelming knowing that he’s already been destroyed by City of Troy.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3851

Andre Fabre has just won four in a row at Longchamp, I’ll stick with Alcantor at SP.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7351

Would be nice if Eben Shaddad won.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6633

Looks like the French 3yos are all crap

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7351

Haatem winning also good as he was behind City Of Troy too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1713

Haatem the only one trained to win the race. I don’t think anyone realistically thinks they can surpass City Of Troy so no need to get them even close to fit enough to win this early in the year. That will be the same for the other guineas trials so I expect some ‘different’ results.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1303

I’m in a pickle now. I’ll be the gherkin.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1713

Also, well done threenaps, hope you had an ‘arf decent bet.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16448

Well done three Naps :good:

Never seen so many going home after the big race…The bookies are looking very happy. Lots of bubbles burst but the main Guineas contenders looking stronger than ever. Have to start saving up
    :wacko:
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

Well done threenaps
    Hannon in good early season form
    Rosalion has been for a spin and looked well from the short clip I saw the other day
    If City of Troy is off it I think he’ll be the one to capitalise. Hateem not in the same league as Rosalion.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 340

Thank you all,
    Only had a few shillings on, but it paid for my losses yesterday on Narkaz and Embesto :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

Alcantor and Native Approach were so fresh and keen both lost the race early on

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.