The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Courses…

Home Forums Horse Racing Courses…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Neil
    • Total Posts 27

I’m looking for a print friendly list of race courses with arial view and track description. Does anyone know where all the UK race courses can be downloaded and printed out in one single list.

Thanks

Neil

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Google Earth is as good as anything for your pics Neil – and is very printer friendly – though it swallows your ink :lol:

As for track descriptions, you can get them anywhere really – probably best just going to each tracks own website, or just visit the RP.

Mike

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Sorry Neil – that wasn’t very helpful of me was it as you asked for one simple list.

The answer is no then, I don’t know where you can get them in one go, as doing it by Google Earth will be quite time consuming.

Mike

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Just copy and paste the track maps etc. from the Racing Post into a Word document and print from there.

Failing that try searching through the BHA website (britishhorseracing.com) to see if there is anything there.

naps
    • Total Posts 159

In the free reference section of timeform website you will find in pdf format maps and descriptions of all jumps and flat courses in UK.

scallywag76
    • Total Posts 280

The descriptions that are readily available of all courses are unreliable.

If, for example, you use the RP website to obtain details of the flat course at Leicester, you will be presented with an image that includes a straight mile. Races over a mile at Leicester have, however, been run over the round course for a number of years.

Similarly, the Horse Racing Ireland website provides you with a description of Leopardstown that includes a separate straight 6 furlongs course. However, this was lost some years ago, as a result of motorway construction.

Whilst the disinformation isn’t deliberate, it would be nice if the creators of websites, in general, kept information up-to-date.

Pre-website era, Raceform, for many years, gave inaccurate information in their flat racing annual about the courses being used for races over a mile at Kempton.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

I’ll second all your above assertions, Mr Wag – there are more than a few course maps in the sources listed that are either still horribly out of date or remained so for far too long.

The details for today’s abandoned Market Rasen card have been removed from the RP website now, so I can’t check what the current situation is, but the 4m1f start was still marked out on the course map there long after races over that distance had ceased, and it may still be for all I know.

You can, however, observe a real live example with one of tomorrow’s cards. Neither the hurdle nor chase course map acknowledges the fact that races have been run over 2m4f at Sedgefield for two years now.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Neil
    • Total Posts 27

Thanks for the useful suggestions. The Timeform maps in particular were exactly what I was after.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.