The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

County Cricket Preview

Home Forums General Sports County Cricket Preview

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Deany
    • Total Posts 18

I’ve done a cricket preview for a cricket website and had to use Sporting odds, odds!! The bets would still be the same, but you can get a better price!!;)

County Championship Div 1 <br>Lancashire appear to have made some good winter signings, in particular Harbajhan Singh who will be looking forward to bowling on the Old Trafford wickets. The arrivals of Mal Loye and Iain Sutcliffe strengthen to top order and together with a few experienced pros and a couple of England call ups look to have a good squad to challenge Surrey this year.<br> <br>Surrey are worthy favourites, but they are all a year older and captain Adam Hollioake may well get the England one day captaincy, so it may not be a formality this year for them in the championship.<br> <br>Middlesex at 33/1 are a huge price. A team on the up as champions of Division 2 last season. There isn’t that big a gap between the to divisions as yet. (This will come with 2 up and 2 down.) But they have just lost one of their match winners in Phil Tuffnell. So whilst they look a good each way bet (First three places) they might just be a little short of winning the championship, but they will give you a good run for your money.<br> <br>£15 Win  Lancashire @ 5/1 Sporting Odds<br> <br>County Championship Div 2 <br>Hampshire, in a similar way to Lancashire have made some good signings (Giddins and Akram) and now appear to have very few weaknesses. John Crawley as captain will bring a steadying influence on the squad and they must go close in a very open division.<br> <br>I’m biased but we at Derbyshire have to be a good bet at a huge 16/1 The only downside is we have a small squad, very small, and we would need everyone to stay fit to challenge all the way. But if we are not messed about by England taking Dominic Cork away from us then having the top runscorer and wicket taker in Div 2 last season must bode well for us. Plus we have kept a similar squad to last season with only Shahid Afridi coming into the squad.<br> <br>£10 Win Hampshire @ 9/2 Sporting Odds<br>£10 Each Way Derbyshire @ 16/1 Sporting Odds<br> <br>National League Division 1 <br>Gloucestershire have made there intentions for the coming season very clear, one day success. I’m basing that on their two overseas signings, Ian Harvey and Johnty Rhodes. Two of the finest one day cricketers around. They have a sound squad with bags of one day experience.<br> <br>Picking between the rest is very hard, so with Gloucester sticking out so much they have to be the bet.<br> <br>£15 Win Gloucestershire @ 3/1 Sporting Odds<br> <br>National League Division 2 <br>A huge surprise to see them relegated from the top flight last season. They have a very strong one day team and they will be keen to regain top flight status as soon a possible. Not a massive price but against the rest of the opposition they look the best bet.<br> <br>£10 Win Somerset @ 9/2 Sporting Odds<br> <br>C&G Trophy <br>Glamorgan won the 1st Division of the National League last season, showing that they are an excellent one day team. If they get a home draw later on in the competition then the partisan home crowd make it a very hard place to go and get a result.<br> <br>£10 Win Glamorgan @ 12/1 Sporting Odds<br> <br>20/20 Trophy <br>If ever a competition was made for one team, then 20/20 cricket must suit Gloucester right down to the ground. They will definitely play there best players in it. Emphasis will be on fielding they were good before with Jack Russell behind the stumps, now they’ve got the best fielder in the world to add to there armoury.<br> <br>This would be my best bet.<br> <br>£20 Win Gloucestershire @6/1 Sporting Odds<br> <br>Good Luck!!

Oh and Kevin Dean to be top wicket taker in the country!!!;)  AGAIN!!! Any danger of an England call up!!?:(

Taxman
    • Total Posts 3

Thanks for this Deany.  I’ve been looking forward to seeing how you’d get around putting up the enemy for NL div 2.<br>With my interest in the fantasy football competition at work now over, my thoughts turn to the cricket version, especially as you’ve just reminded me of the points MDV & yourself scored for last year’s winner to keep me in 2nd!<br>Is there anyone you would recommend I should not miss when we have the auction for players this year and/or whispers for ‘unknowns’, who are due to be given their heads for the 1st time and hence should be good value in the other contest where we will use the paper’s ratings?<br>Any help would be appreciated in this once these get put in the papers.

Deany
    • Total Posts 18

Cheers, will keep ya imformed of who i think is best for fantasy cricket!!!

Taxman
    • Total Posts 3

Any chance of those fantasy cricket tips please Deany.  Got our auction tomorrow and deadline for the other competition too?  Names & counties will be sufficient if you’re short on time.

If you manage to post before the crack of dawn tomorrow I’d be very grateful.

thanks in advance.

Deany
    • Total Posts 18

Soz, been far too busy with bowling out the Yorkies and then losing to Durham this week!!

Hope ya got ur team in ok!!!<br>

Deany
    • Total Posts 18

Sorry for anyone who took my advice and took the 12/1 bout Glamorgan for the C&G!! In this current debate climate of non triers, as you can see as we (Derbyshire) beat them, that i was def trying!!!!!!:o

Wingandaprayer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28

Deany,

what’s happened to Kent….so many new names!!!!!:(

Deany
    • Total Posts 18

Not sure what has happened to Saggers, top wicket taker with me last season. Guess he must be injured!!

Yeah, plenty of new blood, and that Symonds bloke looks quite useful in the Twenty20 comp!!:o :o

Glad i’m sitting that out!!!!

Deany
    • Total Posts 18

Appologies for some p**s poor tipping all round!!

Only Lancs giving a late run for Div1 of the Champ!!

My 2 tips in Div2 of the champ are playing for the wooden spoon at Derby tomorrow, i’m sitting it out!!

Appologies again!!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.