The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Could racing be funded through phone votes?

Home Forums Horse Racing Could racing be funded through phone votes?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1988

All these suggestions to rebrand racing have got me thinking. Two or three-tier racing would only really work if there were pools of horses/trainers/jockeys confined to each tier. Otherwise you get the sort of mess that you have in many jumps races with form from various codes and countries confusing things.

Maybe we can have three tiers, with phone voting deciding who gets promoted/relegated each season:

Professional – the group/grade one courses, minimum equivalent to current class 4.

Intermiediate – class 3 to 6, with the odd class 2.

Character – where all racing’s ‘characters’ can compete with each other outside the national spotlight. There’s quite a few trainers and jockeys I forsee being confined to this level.

You could have ‘invitationals’ where only those that have the confidence of the betting public can enter or ride. Just imagine being able to vote out some of the characters in racing so they never darken our door again. My finger wouldn’t be off the redial button. racing could take 15p from each call to fund prize money.

Two birds, one stone – clean up racing and fund it.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

How about we have a phone vote to decide who Murtagh rides in the Derby as well?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.