Coronation Stakes

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2016 Coronation Stakes

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Interesting to see what the fractions were. To the naked eye Foley seemed to commit suicide on the front end. On lines through Ballydoyle, Jet Setting ought to have finished in front of both Quemah and Nemoralia.

I think the ground went against Jet Setting. The downpours that were forecast around Ascot have missed the track since Tuesday and the ground has dried up quite considerably.

Jet Setting has run nothing like her previous form with Now Or Never and The Racing Post had Jet Setting running 12 lbs below her last run in today’s race.

Qemah in winning, and Alice Springs in third paid good compliments to La Cressonniere, who defeated the two of them in winning the French 1000 Guineas.

La Cressonniere is due to run in the Prix Diane (French Oaks) on Sunday, so we will see how that one pans out.

I did La Cressonniere for the race before she ran in the French 1000 Guineas and took 14/1. Ballydoyle is favourite for that one but the going is currently good to soft and if there is any more rain she must be doubtful to take her chance.

La Cressonniere will have no problem with further cut in the ground.

Should be a good race if they all show on Sunday. John Gosden’s Swiss Range is in the field and I have liked the look of Volta this season, very progressive at a mile and it is more a question of the trip for her here.

I promised myself a saver on Volta if I could get 12/1 but 9/1 is the biggest at the moment.

Well done to Qemah backers, my initial worry was how she would cope if it was soft but it dried out in time for her. Another good winner for my favourite French trainer Jean-Claude Rouget, who came into this season saying he had his best ever team of 3yo’s and it certainly has looked like that.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

La Cressonniere is due to run in the Prix Diane (French Oaks) on Sunday, so we will see how that one pans out.

I did La Cressonniere for the race before she ran in the French 1000 Guineas and took 14/1. Ballydoyle is favourite for that one but the going is currently good to soft and if there is any more rain she must be doubtful to take her chance.

La Cressonniere will have no problem with further cut in the ground.

I hope some people took the advice and backed La Cressonniere.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.