Coronation Stakes

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2014 Coronation Stakes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by stevecaution stevecaution 5 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25883

Lesstalk In Paris @ 12/1 and Rosalind @ 20/1 stand out for me as value bets. Kiyoshi looks fair value too on form, but hasn’t really been backed yet despite Pricewise.

The French filly may well get a soft lead up front, can’t see many prominent runners. Ran poorly with new (hold up) tactics last time and hopefully Soumi will revert back to front running.

If they do go a pace then Rosalind (hold up filly) could be a massive priced winner for USA. Won Group 1 Ashland and then 4th in Kentucky Oaks. Her form has been under-estimated by punters and bookies if acting on the ground.

value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25883

Stupid Soumi. :roll:

value is everything
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I backed Rizeena for the Irish 1000 G and didn’t get a run for my money. Hummed and hawed when she was 10/1 for this and didn’t bite. Haven’t had a good week so left her alone this time.

Bitterly hard luck with Rosalind there.

Kiyoshi had it all to prove today and Charlie Hills is a man to avoid for me. Lightning Thunder had a hard race in Ireland last time and probably deserves a break now. My Titania will probably be better with that race under her belt.

Can someone please tell me what the hell George Margarson was doing running Lucky Kristale over a mile again? Even Ray Charles can see the horse doesn’t stay and what was the point of running her today? This is not aftertiming, as I said the same just after the 1000 G

George Margarson reckons he doesn’t get the credit the bigger trainers do but farting about like that with a horse is precisely the reason he won’t get the plaudits that go with placing your horses to their best advantage. Very poor placing of a horse who beat today’s winner last season when running at a trip that gave her a chance.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25883

Can someone please tell me what the hell George Margarson was doing running Lucky Kristale over a mile again? Even Ray Charles can see the horse doesn’t stay and what was the point of running her today? This is not aftertiming, as I said the same just after the 1000 G

George Margarson reckons he doesn’t get the credit the bigger trainers do but farting about like that with a horse is precisely the reason he won’t get the plaudits that go with placing your horses to their best advantage. Very poor placing of a horse who beat today’s winner last season when running at a trip that gave her a chance.

I tend to agree with you there Steve, LK is a 6f filly that will find it difficult to stay 7f let alone 8. But on the other hand… what else is she supposed to go for? Wouldn’t be good enough to win a Group 1 sprint. Also, Rizeena did not seem to get home in the 1000 and before the race appeared unlikely to do so again today. But the slow pce and prominent position enabled her to just about last out. Non-stayer that won; so I suppose you can excuse team Margarson. I’d still have Rizeena down as a 7f filly. Good position, went clear before tying up and only just got home from one (Lesstalk iIn Paris) poorly positioned, going nowhere near as well two out that stayed on.

value is everything
    stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I tend to agree with you there Steve, LK is a 6f filly that will find it difficult to stay 7f let alone 8. But on the other hand… what else is she supposed to go for? Wouldn’t be good enough to win a Group 1 sprint. Also, Rizeena did not seem to get home in the 1000 and before the race appeared unlikely to do so again today. But the slow pce and prominent position enabled her to just about last out. Non-stayer that won; so I suppose you can excuse team Margarson. I’d still have Rizeena down as a 7f filly. Good position, went clear before tying up and only just got home from one (Lesstalk iIn Paris) poorly positioned, going nowhere near as well two out that stayed on.

I realise that trainers are keen to try their fillies over a mile due to the better range of options at the distance.

You may be correct that the race fell just right for Rizeena to get away with it at the trip today but at least she came into the race today with some hope at the trip, whereas Lucky Kristale didn’t have a prayer. Her run in the 1000 G was one of the most pitiful I have ever seen and she was rank last today.

I don’t blame them for having one go at seeing if she could stay a mile but I fail to see the point of a second attempt when not one iota of encouragement was present from her first attempt.

They may as well retire her if the are going to keep putting her in races where she has got about as much chance as Rolf Harris has of getting a job on CBeebies.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

George Margarson has said he is adamant there will be no problem with Lucky Kristale getting a mile. He said there seemed to be a problem with the horse in the Coronation and that he reckoned she’d have been fourth without the problem. Richard Hughes thinks she might get 7f but not the mile but George is sticking to his guns that she will get the trip.

Good luck George.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.