The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cormack, what is the Daylight Cup ?

Home Forums Racing Competitions Cormack, what is the Daylight Cup ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Cormack, as I am only new to the forum,  I have been doing a little exploring around TRF. Could you explain to us new guys what the Daylight Cup is and how it works, and have the new guys a chance of competing in the future ?.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

MM without wishing to sound funny, you can’t be that curious because if you checked the thread above you’d find your answer!

"I’d been thinking for some time now of an appropriate way to remember Craig (Daylight) by linking his name to one of the foums competitions when Jim (JTS) came up with the fantastic suggestion of a competition linked to Bob’s 4pp, of which Craig was a real fan.

Jim and I  have came up with a format which we think will work and we have passed the idea by both Bob and, of course, Debs (LRM), both of whom think it’s a great idea and a very fitting and appropriate way to remember Daylight.

The competition will work as follows –

Entry to the competition will be automatic for EVERYONE WHO POSTS SELECTIONS IN THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF THIS SEASON’S BOB ROLF 4PP COMPETITION (starts this Saturday).

Once we have the entrants a ‘live’ draw will take place in the chatroom on Sunday 3rd December when competitors will be placed into groups of 4 or 5.

Over the next few weeks then the contestants in each group will play each other in a round robin style (a la Champions league) with each competitors 4PP score for each week counting against his opponent, with three points for a win and one point for a draw.

Once everyone has played each other twice the two (or three depending on numbers) at the top of each league go through to a knock out tournament to decide the winner of the inaugural ‘Daylight’ Cup. The knock out will be decided in the same way, on your weekly 4PP score and the draw during the knock out stages will be live each week in the chatroom.

The competition will be run in the Competitions section of the forum, leaving Bob’s 4pp section free to concentrate on the 4pp itself.

The idea is that it adds an extra dimension to an already brilliant competition (the 4PP) while being a fantastic way to remember our friend Craig. If he could have chosen which competition to lend his name to I am very sure the 4PP would have figured.

Many thanks to Jim for the idea itself and to Bob and Debs for such enthusiatic support. " -Cormack15

The 4PP is a Saturday competition. You pick 4 horses and they are scored according to the rules layed down in the 4PP section.

It’s too late to get involved in this one, but you will automatcially be entered in the next one if you do the 4PP.<br>

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

I read that post but I am still baffled as to how it works or basically what it consists of Flatseason.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Ok MM I’ll go along with that then.

1) The 4PP competition is a Saturday competition in which anybody and everybody picks 4 horses, with one as a nap. The horses score points according to their finishing positions at SP, and places score points too.

2) What you score in the 4PP is also what you score in the Daylight Cup. The difference is that in the Daylight Cup you are playing weekly fixtures, so only have to beat 1 person. So if it was me against Grasshopper and he score 6pts then I would have to score 7pts or more to win and collect my 3 points, or score 6 to tie and get 1 point. If I score less than 6pts I lose the round and get nothing.

3) Your weekly results tally up in a predetermined league table. When all fixtures have been played twice the top 2 or 3 qualify.

4) It then progresses to a knockout cup, the first knockout round is just starting, with the highest aggregate scorer of the 2 legs qualifying.

Is this ok MM?

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I should just add the Daylight Cup is named after the previous owner of the forum who very sadly passed away last year. It is a fun and competitive competition that I for one am enjoying immensely. I assume there will be another Daylight Cup somewhere down the line.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from FlatSeasonLover on 6:04 pm on Feb. 16, 2007[br]I should just add the Daylight Cup is named after the previous owner of the forum who very sadly passed away last year. It is a fun and competitive competition that I for one am enjoying immensely. I assume there will be another Daylight Cup somewhere <br>down the line.

Sorry about the previous owner, I wont delve into the cicumstances.

Thanks Flatseasonlover for your replies, makes a bit more sense now alright.

(Edited by madman marz at 10:21 pm on Feb. 16, 2007)

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Hi Madman – FSL has explained it pretty well but if anything still unclear let me know.

I hope that the Daylight Cup will be an annual event, running alongside the winter 4PP competition. As FSL states, anyone who plays the 4PP competition (which has it’s own section in the forum) will be eligible although the entry for this years Daylight Cup has now passed.

You can start playing the 4pp straight away though. You’ve missed most of the season but you are still eligible to win the monthly prize (50 quid free bet).

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

I’d just like to add that Craig (Daylight) wasn’t just the previous owner, he was THE creator of this great forum and thats why we came up with the idea of an anual competition to remember him by, new members won’t know of him but the comp will see that his name lives on.

One day I’d hope for the forum to be renamed The Daylight Racing Forum but that’s not for me to decide.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Yes sorry Jim I should of added that Daylight created the forum.

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

Don’t get carried away Jim.

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Jilly please behave yourself :angry:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.