The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Conors Bets

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Conors Bets

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Thought I would just start a thread to track my bets and see how I get on – not neccesarily advising anybody to back them!! I will try go give my reasons when I have time!

2.30 ASCOT Cunco 2pts (5.5) Frankuus 0.5 pts. (11.5)
    I don’t think Churchills debut run was very impressive and his price is far too short – Frankels progeny have all been very impressive so far and I think one of these two could be up to winning this race, I think Frankuus looked a little underdeveloped when he won at Haydock so I do prefer Cunco here

3.05 ASCOT Best of Times 1pt win (5.2) – Very strong form last year in the context of this race and a pleasing reappearance over an inadequate trip is enough to swing me towards the favourite here.

3.40 ASCOT Exosphere 1.5pt win (3.1) – Clear on ratings and improving all the time, Ryan Moore prefers him to Dartmouth. I am toying wit backing Mount Logan e/w but haven’t decided yet.

4.20 ASCOT – Twilight Son 2pt win (4.8) – The best horse in the race on his day (at least British trained) and with conditions in his favour I am willing to chance that Candy has got him back to his best.

• Total Posts 15019

Good luck with the thread Conor :good:

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Thanks Venture!

Well it could have been a better day but Twilight son did me a favour.. I don’t even think he was at his best today he should go on to win more Group 1’s this year if well placed by his trainer.

I think threads are easier to follow when using actual currency instead of a units based system so I will convert 1pt to £10 from here on in.

Cunco LOST -2.0 pts (-£20)
    Frankuus LOST -0.5 pts (-£5)
    Best of Times LOST -1.0 pts (-£10)
    Exosphere LOST -1.5 pts (-£15)
    Twilight Son WON +9.6 pts (+£96)

Day 1 Total +£46

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Good start Connor
    best of luck with the thread….!!

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Nice one Conor – best of luck!!!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Thanks for the wishes Nathan and Joni!

One I like for today is –

3.45 Combative 1pt (7.0) – Finished 5th behind Royal Ascot winner Primitivo last time out, this horse is totally unexposed and looks like it should improve for the step up to 1m6f – it’s quite possible that the 10f last time was an inadequate distance.

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

-1.0 (£10) for Combative on Wednesday so now +£38 for the thread

3.45 Doncaster – Hornsby 1.5 pts (Betfair 4.8)

This horse has been off the track a year but we know that Godolphin can get one ready after a break.. his third place at Haydock last year behind Gallileo Gold looks very interesting in the context of this race.

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Actually after Combatives loss we were on +£36, not +£38

Hornsby WON +7.2pts (+£72)

Running total +9.3 pts (+£93)

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

A bit late with these two

2.35 Pontefract Love Dreams 1pt (2.76)

4.40 Pontefract Get up and Dance 1pt (2.86)

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Love Dreams returns at 8/11.. There’s a particular satisfaction of backing a horse at 7/4 and seeing it return that much shorter :yahoo:

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Yesterdays results –

Love Dreams 1pt (2.76) WON + 2.76
    Get up and Dance 1pt (2.86) LOST – 1.00

Total Staked £20, returned +£27.6 (Profit £7.6)

Running total – +£100.6 :good:

(I think I might have made an error calculating some of my earlier posts where I added the stake to my return but I’ll go back and adjust the total later on once I get a chance)

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Couple for today

3.00 HAMILTON Lara Carbonara 1pt win (7/2 Sportingbet BPG)

3.30 HAMILTON Line of Reason 2pt win (6/4 Sportingbet BPG)

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Couple for today

3.00 HAMILTON Lara Carbonara 1pt win (7/2 Sportingbet BPG) LOST -1pt

3.30 HAMILTON Line of Reason 2pt win (6/4 Sportingbet BPG) LOST -2pts

Running Total + 7.06 units (£70.6)

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

Friday 1/7/16

2.00 Donc – Hard Toffee (0.5pts) 9/4 BPG
    2.30 Donc – Stanley (1.5pt) 9/2 BPG
    3.05 Donc – Dubka (1.5pts) 13/8 BPG
    3.35 Donc – Futoon (0.5pts) 3/1 BPG

A few more I like on the evening meetings but need to take a longer look.. really like the look of Stanley with the Cumani stable hitting form. Dubka looks a typical unexposed Stoute 3yo improver and he seems to be bringing some of his decent animals to Doncaster lately.

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

2.00 Donc – Hard Toffee (0.5pts) 9/4 BPG LOST (-£5)
    2.30 Donc – Stanley (1.5pt) 9/2 BPG LOST (-£15)
    3.05 Donc – Dubka (1.5pts) 13/8 BPG WON (+£24.37)
    3.35 Donc – Futoon (0.5pts) 3/1 BPG LOST (-£5)

Total +0.44 pts (+£4.37)

Running Total +7.50 pts (+£75)

RacingLife
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

I usually bet on a 1-3 pts scale but today is an exception..

4.10 YARM – Heatstroke (5pts) 6/4 BPG

I’ve been waiting for this horse to reappear since his very promising fourth at Sandown 41 days ago – returning from almost a two year absence Jamie Spencer let the horse come out of the gate in his own time and lost 5-6 lengths from the off – the horse proceeded to canter all over his rivals without coming off the bridle and without almost any urging from Spencer to finish fourth in the end. The third that day ‘Secret Art’ came out and won a Class 2 Handicap at Sandown on Saturday.

All the best Conor

Participant
    • Total Posts 53

Nice Thread Conor, I was looking at this race last night and I agree fully with what you say about it’s last race, Spencer and his usual hold up antics cost it, even more so with Spencer seemingly letting the horse decide when it wanted to jump off and the way he rode it during the race, I’m sure the horse thought he was on the gallops at home. I’m certain that was their plan though that day, the horse hadn’t ran for 19 months and wasn’t there to be put to a full test.

I put up 5 selections last night but two are non runners, as a result I’ve looked at this race again, I’m gonna back Haalan e/w at a big price, ironically the only time I backed this horse before, was when Spencer cost it the race due to switching it off as usual and expecting it to fly well inside the last furlong.

Best Of Luck Today.

There are no "Systems".

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.