The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Congratulations Mel Fordham – winner of photographer of year

Home Forums Horse Racing Congratulations Mel Fordham – winner of photographer of year

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    obiwankenobi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 339

Just thought i would say a massive congratulations to Mel Fordham who won photographer of the year at the recent Writers and Photographers Derby Awards …. well deserved!!

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 917

Just thought i would say a massive congratulations to Mel Fordham who won photographer of the year at the recent Writers and Photographers Derby Awards …. well deserved!!

Interesting snippet in the Racing Post today that Mel’s victory speech was eclipsed by a spat between ceremony host Matt Chapman, of At The Races, and Eleanor Tomlinson, daughter of racecourse commentator Malcolm Tomlinson.
    She had a bit of a falling out with him, apparently, although I suspect it was tongue-in-cheek and not at all serious. The incident apparently led to Mel’s speech becoming something of a sideshow.
    The article mentioned that Eleanor, who is apparently set to storm Hollywood by starring in a big name blockbuster, had "revealed" at the gathering that three new commentators were due to join the racecourse commentary rota next year.
    Followers of our own Paul Ostermeyer will know that he revealed that to this forum days ago, with the names of those involved as well, including Matt Chapman. :roll:

Steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5763

Adding my congratulations to Mel – one of the nicest guys in racing. The type that when his obituaries are finally written (a long time off, I hope) many will say, "I wish I’d met him"

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

superstared
    • Total Posts 4

Well done Mel!! Great Achievement!! :) p.s your photo of frankel rocks !!!

sussexdowns
    • Total Posts 1

Well done Mel. Have just received your calendar in the post and I must say some of your photos are great.Esp Frankel and Big Bucks. I understand that all your photos are in the Paul Nicholls calendar.
    PS the calendar does have all the correct fixtures for 2012.

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 917

Interesting snippet in the Racing Post today that Mel’s victory speech was eclipsed by a spat between ceremony host Matt Chapman, of At The Races, and Eleanor Tomlinson, daughter of racecourse commentator Malcolm Tomlinson.
    The article mentioned that Eleanor, who is apparently set to storm Hollywood by starring in a big name blockbuster, had "revealed" at the gathering that three new commentators were due to join the racecourse commentary rota next year.
    Followers of our own Paul Ostermeyer will know that he revealed that to this forum days ago, with the names of those involved as well, including Matt Chapman. :roll:

The Racing Post finally staggered into action today after being prompted here about their omission of any proper story about the three new names on the commentary rota next year. Paul Ostermeyer had given details days ago. More on the David Fitzgerald commentator thread.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.