Commonwealth Cup 2018

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2018 Commonwealth Cup 2018

This topic contains 93 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Gingertipster Gingertipster 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1071

Equilateral didn’t find off the bridle. Might be a ponce buts it’s hard to tell since this is the first time he’s been seen off the bridle.

Nothing like a last gasp 18/1 saver, just to show when you lose you still win ;-)

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26327

Nothing like a last gasp 18/1 saver, just to show when you lose you still win 😉

Eh? :unsure:
    Already had a 12/1 saver on Eqtidaar, Kev; which was put up on my DLAP thread the night before; which on its own got me back a touch more than what I put on my other race bets. So even without the extra few quid I did not lose. ;-)

My idea of its fair chance was 10/1 (9%), adding my usual margin for error to that 10/1 (two prices up) my minimum price (as I said on the DLAP thread the night before) was 12/1. Going in to the stalls the price available was 18/1. ie now considerably better than my minimum 12/1. Obviously the more the price available is above my 12/1 the better the bet. With the two Racing UK pundits (Willow and one of the brothers) being so positive… and I couldn’t see any good reason for the drift (stable in good form and Eqtidaar seemingly behaving ok)… Surely made sense to have a last gasp few quid @ 18/1? Unfortunately too late for me to get on here and advise a top up. It was only an extra few quid. Had the 18/1 been available in the morning – or if I had not backed four others/got plenty of money on the race already – it would’ve been without doubt a main (much bigger) bet.

value is everything
    KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1071

Tried to catch a salmon and got a shark ;-)

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26327

LOL

Nah, your eyes are playing tricks on you Kev. Coming from my home town I can only be a trout. Finest chalk river in the World goes through it, but there is a salmon leap.

value is everything
Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.