The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Classic Champion Hurdle 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Classic Champion Hurdle 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 500 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Have backed Whiteoak at 100/1 so would really love her to take her chance! Keep looking at Oddschecker every few hours to see any changes in the market!! If she wins I shall be the rather elderly lady going hysterical in front of the big screen next to the paddock.

bahram
    • Total Posts 66

back to see what you’re all up to.
    People shouldnt listen to bookmakers spreading
    vile, nasty rumours.
    The insane have though.
    Lets all back a horse that beat a 3mile hurdler by a head when
    in receipt of 5lb in a restricted race to win the CHAMPION HURDLE!!!!
    that makes perfect sense doesn’t it? :shock: ?
    WHITEOAK!!!
    Give up the game before you lose your house.
    Mind you you’ve already lost your mind.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

all of us are lying in the gutter..but some of us are looking at the stars……..can’t beat having something to dream about, y’know!

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

I believe the reason for contemplating running her is for breeding purposes. If she were to be placed it would certainly add to her value. Unless of course she finished nearer last than first which is highly likely.

I honestly think she would be tailed off in the Champion Hurdle and they are crazy if they run her.

She was getting 5lbs off Refinement last year when scraping home and thats a million miles short of CH form.

They say if you aim for the stars and miss you might hitt the moon and if you miss the moon you might hit a cloud.

If they are depending on the Kingwell form where Punjibi was as big as a pregnant store horse then the only cloud they will hit is a cloud of dust from the heels of the second last horse :lol:

No chance!!

• Total Posts 2184

It seems Andy McNamara is set to ride Osana. Wonder where this leaves Catch Me and Sizing Europe??

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Celestial Halo and/or Osana could make the Champion Hurdle a real test and there’s no doubting that Whiteoak has the required stamina to see the race out. Besides, she was hardly disappointing behind Ashkazar on her reappearance, was she?

Hasn’t McNamara said that, if Catch Me runs, he’ll ride him, IC?

• Total Posts 2184

I presume that would be the case Equitrack. I think they’d be better off waiting for Liverpool and giving Cheltenham a miss with Catch Me. Bit of cut in the ground and he’d be very hard to beat in the Aintree Hurdle.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

I think with Catch Me in the field it could be a really great champion hurdle. Catch Me did finish 6th in last years which was a complete crawl, although he was in touch all the way round which would have given him an advantage over some of the others.

This year, especially if the ground is the same as last year I can see half the field being beaten 2 furlongs out (as has been the case in every one of celestial halos races since his defeat at doncaster last year), and anyone who could say who will be the strongest plugging on up the hill, is better than me, but catch me would certainly look a likely sort.

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

The tactics of how David Pipe ran Osana last season were discussed earlier on this thread. Some might finds this interesting. That is, if we can believe what we read in the papers.

If the quotes are accurate it would seem David Pipe has let the cat out of the bag with regards to the horse.

In a recent question and answer article he said he thinks they will go a stronger pace in the CH this year..

Reading that I presume they intend to hold Osana up this year and let Ashkazar make the running.

• Total Posts 638

Anyone know what the riding plans are for the Meade stable with Harchibald, Jered & Muirhead?

• Total Posts 2184

Anyone what the riding plans are for the Meade stable with Harchibald, Jered & Muirhead?

Haven’t heard anything yet Shabby. It will all depend on the ground. If it’s soft Paul will probably be on Muirhead. Decent surface and I’d say he’ll ride Jered though he’ll find it tough to get off Harchi because he loves the horse. I presume Nina and Slippers will be in the mix to ride whatever Paul doesn’t.

• Total Posts 1982

Jered is the forgotten horse of the race.

I still think both he and Sublimity won’t let Binocular have it all his own way.

• Total Posts 638

Thanks IC, I backed Jered after Punchestown last year and Muirhead after he ran behind Sublimity at Christmas (got some big prices). I don’t give Harcibald any chance really. I would like to see Paul on Muirhead.

PaleRider
    • Total Posts 52

Cant see past the Fav ,but no value what so ever ,think its different class

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Binocular can be beaten in this race, the pace and the course may get the better of him as others have suggested. He’s a bollocks price.

I know I’ll be gunned down, but I am still of the belief that Sizing Europe would have won last year’s race before being pulled up.

At 20/1 it’s time for a Britney Spears moment…

Sizing Europe – Hit Me Baby One More Time! :P

Zip

chelt king
    • Total Posts 30

I dont really have a strong view on the CH but ive decided for me i will back katchit win and place we all know the horse will improve leaps and bounds for the festival where he has never lost and will be there trying his heart out two from home

Yes this may not be good enough but would rather take the chance on this brave battler say then a Harchibald or a sublimity Binny is the horse to beat but if they jump the last all off the bridle and little Katchit is there with a chance i know where i would want my money to be on

• Total Posts 2184

Binocular can be beaten in this race, the pace and the course may get the better of him as others have suggested. He’s a bollocks price.

I know I’ll be gunned down, but I am still of the belief that Sizing Europe would have won last year’s race before being pulled up.

At 20/1 it’s time for a Britney Spears moment…

Sizing Europe – Hit Me Baby One More Time! :P

Zip

I’m a massive Sizing Europe fan and I am also in the camp that thought he’d have won last year without going wrong. He’s been a massive disappointment this year though and he’s clearly had some sort of physical problem because nobody will ever convince me he’s a bridle horse.

I’m now firmly in the Binocular fanclub and I can’t see past him for the Champion Hurdle but I still believe that Sizing Europe is one of the few horses in the field that have the natural ability to trouble him. It would be a great training performance from De Bromhead to get him back but I won’t be backing him again – after backing him antepost before the Morgiana. :(

Andy Mc deserting him for Osana is hardly a positive and I’m told he described him as simply "a disappointing horse" at a preview night in Adare before going on to say that he had supposedly been working very well in recent days. De Bromhead supposedly was similarly upbeat at a preview night in Waterford. Hard to know what to make of it all really but there’ll be worse 20/1 shots running next week that’s for sure.

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 500 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.