The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheveley Park 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Cheveley Park 2009

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

Anyone know if there was any excuse for Misheer last time? If there was then 12/1 is obviously too big. She has beaten Lady Of The Desert and Habaayib, Special Duty is not straightforward and her form difficult to access and both Sand Vixen and Song Of My Heart need to improve again.

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

I was thinking along the same lines as you here stilvi. Misheer surely never gave her true running at Donny. She was keen and lead early and basically just faded out of things from inside the final 2f. Habaayib could also be better than last time when she was apparently in season.

Lady of the Desert has looked good in last 2 starts but odds are cramped given the quality of opposition. Similar comments to Special Duty.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Phenomenal renewals of this and the Middle Park IMO.

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

OMG Zarkava just said something positive about a British race this season. This momentous occasion should be pictured and framed.

http://i37.tinypic.com/9zvomg.gif

http://i36.tinypic.com/2r20l8n.gif

My vote goes to Special Duty for what its worth. However i do agree that Misheer is a big price so i’ll give it a go. There’s no way her last run was representative of what she can achieve. She’s got to be in contention.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

:lol:

I was expecting something like that tbh, Graeme, but not quite as funny. Seriously though, simply phenomenal. Will happily sit back and enjoy, although I do hope Lady Of The Desert gets beat, purely for my own ante-post betting purposes.

Also think the Sun Chariot’s a decent race, while the Abbaye, Cadran, Arc, L’Opera and Boussac are just about as strong as you could possibly hope for. Shame Overdose & Marchand D’Or are missing from the former, as well as Hibaayeb and Lady Darshaan from the Boussac, but in all in all, given that this is the main weekend in the flat calendar (IMO), I think an absolutely sensational 3 days of racing are ahead of us and it’ll be a privilege to watch it all.

There, and I wrote it all without putting my tongue in my cheek.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

See the ‘rag’ has been taken out – if you are dabbling each-way the last thing you want is another one to come out.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Agree that both this and the Middle Park are solid renewals.

Special Duty found only the tough and unbeaten Arcano too good in the Prix Morny last time out, with the ‘second coming’ Canford Cliffs back in third.

Her Prix Robert Papin win looks decent, with the second running the talented Buzzword closer than anything else in the Prix La Rochette.

Lady Of The Desert has looked a superstar on her last two visits to the racecourse, but the form doesn’t amount to a great deal and in such a competitive race she is worth opposing.

Misheer’s latest effort was too bad to he true, but her CD romp in the Cherry Hinton from Royal Ascot winner Habaayib and Fillies Mile second, Lady Darshaan, gives her a huge shout.

I like the french filly a lot and Misheer is far too big.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

A very impressive performance and Special Duty deserves to be favourite
    for the 1000 Guineas next year.

She travels beautifully, has a nice turn of foot, sees out her races well and clearly has a great attitude. If she trains on and, to look at her you would think that very likely, she would be very hard to beat.

Those weren’t modest fillies behind, quite the opposite, and she destroyed them.

The form was in the book before the race. Arcano is unbeaten and, despite never being visually impressive, he could arguably be the best 2YO colt we’ve seen come the end of the season, and if Canford Cliffs ran up to his best in France, the Prix Morny looks solid.

She actually reminds me of Bosra Sham. She’s a very attractive chestnut filly with a striking white blaze on her face and, whilst she may not possess the coltish physique of BS, she has a similar stride and head carriage.

Champion 2YO filly and Arcano could follow suit.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

The winner’s a little bit special, isn’t she?

I was disappointed to see Lady Of The Desert beaten, but the fierce early pace obviously didn’t play to her strengths over the trip and she simply failed to see it out. The fact that she was well backed – Brian Meehan had the perfect line to how good Special Duty was through Arcano – says a lot about her and over five furlongs she’s going to be some tool.

I get the feeling we’re going to see something quite exceptional next year (colts and fillies).

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

I think you argue that the 8/1 for 1,000 Guineas looks a little big if you are an ante-post punter particularly as the likes of Lady Of The Desert, Lily Langtry and Seta have all been quoted at that price during the season.

Misheer was game in defeat but given decent ground if anything is to challenge Special Duty it is most unlikely to be anything that finished behind her today.

Lewey
    • Total Posts 140

I think that was a seriously good race. Lets hope Special Duty trains on as 3yo.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.