The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cherry Hinton 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Cherry Hinton 2009

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    andythornton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 171

i think misheer is primed for a big run now. he ran a fantastic race last time, the brittain stable is in good form, so he has every chance. what do you think? :D

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Clive Brittain has said that Misheer ideally wants fast ground, so I’d be worried about how far ‘heart’ will get her in such a competitive field. Capercaillie wasn’t overly impressive in beating Reignier on her second start, but Mark Johnston thinks plenty of her and that horse certainly didn’t do her reputation any harm when finishing second to Radiohead (though the result was undoubtedly flattering).

I’m honestly struggling to see why Habaayib has drifted so much. I don’t think she’s at all ground dependent, so conditions should hold no fears, and the trip should be perfect for her.

3/1 is just ludicrous.

andythornton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 171

yes, he pulled it off! :lol: :D great ride by neil too!! will be interesting where he goes next…

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

She. And I imagine she’ll go to the Debutante or directly to the Moyglare.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

Really pleased for Misheer – she would have been more than good enough to win the Queen Mary in an average year. Better on fast ground but proven on soft – well done to those who took the 9/2 last night. Always a good combination to have ‘heart’ and ability.

andythornton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 171

sorry,its a filly, yes. and a big heart too!

thebrigadier
    Participant
    • Total Posts 416

Pretty clear cut win and certainly pays a compliment to Jealous Again who it is hoped Godolphin will, for a change, do well with one of their purchases.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Misheer travelled strongly, moved upsides the leader with relative ease and showed a decisive turn of foot; heart had nothing to do with it today, it was sheer class.

I have to say I was surprised with how easily Habaayib was brushed aside, but there’s no obvious reason why she wouldn’t have run to form so all credit to the winner. Whether she’ll stay a mile next year is open to question, but she’s smart.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.