The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP 2013

Home Forums Archive Topics CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP 2013

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1508

Having put up 2 of the last 3 winners of the Gold Cup on here at Double figure prices Ante-Post its only right and proper I put next years winner up!
    Already the Markets are up and running and the worthy favourite is ‘Sir des Champs’,he has everything you want to see in a top class chaser from his appearance stood still,he has presence and build,he walks like a class horse,he canters or should I say floats across the ground at a canter,he gallops with ease and grace and jumps like a stag,he also quickens up like a Champion chaser but he is now 6/1 fav.I’m on at 25/1 so I’m well covered.
    He’d walk the Ryanair for his owner!
    I’m also on FIRST LIEUTENANT at 25/1 for the 2013 Gold Cup and he is still freely available at 16/1,he doesn’t possess the speed of his fellow ‘Gigginstown’ companion but has Stamina in abundance,he too floats over Good ground and that is crucial to his chances,I’m confident he’ll get that mind and again jumps fluently around the course.’Bobs Worth’ is virtually half his price at 8/1 but in a rematch I know who I’d be on.’Grand Crus’ just isn’t a Gold Cup horse imo as good as he is.’Long runs’ there to be beat and I’m afraid he’s just that.’Synchronised’ has done it once and doesn’t need to do it again,winning 2 consecutive Gold Cups just doesn’t happen.No I’m of the opinion the Gigginstown horses will rule the roost next year and with both ‘Last Instalment’ and ‘Weapons Amnesty’ both more than capable I will be looking hard for 3/1 about the Purple colours with the White star lifting Gold next year! At the prices and with a nagging doubt about ‘Sir des Champs’ having the stamina in reserve to win a gruelling 31/4m contest I’m confidently putting up the Mouse Morris (legend at prepping one) horse.

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

Self serviced bollocks. You’re flagging up dissapeared prices to try and add to your own ego. Strange shade of purple.

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1508

I’m also on

FIRST LIEUTENANT

at 25/1 for the 2013 Gold Cup and he is still freely available at 16/1,

Be grateful Goldi,16/1 winners dont come from your ‘Phonebooth’ :lol: :lol:!

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

I’m also on

FIRST LIEUTENANT

at 25/1 for the 2013 Gold Cup and he is still freely available at 16/1,

Be grateful Goldi,16/1 winners dont come from your ‘Phonebooth’ :lol: :lol:!

Now that you mention it, i will just have to be content with the double i got that is more than five times those odds. Stop blowing your own trumpet Mr ‘Oh So Sharpe’, as anyone can read that some of the wins you claim are tips that other posters gave you. You can continue to back numerous horses, then put up your best price as if it was the only horse you backed, in the hope that a racing magazine employs you as an ante post tipster. I had no beef as i gave you the Sizing Europe price, but this will be the last time i respond to you as i’ll get kicked for the argument you created. You really know your stuff as a race fan, but your trumpet has been self blown too much. I liked you as a poster, but so save my own moniker on here i will have to ignore you in terms of response. Good luck !

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1508

but so save my own moniker on here

Graeme,you sound like a man drowning in a sea of Cheltenham Ante-Post vouchers! Nobodys interested in Banning you! Dont let your paranoia affect your judgement,I still rate you as a good judge and one who isn’t feared to put his head on the line! Talking of magazines,I was invited to do a photo-shoot for ‘Studs only’ they wanted a centre spread of me wearing only an Ante-Post voucher over my Manhood,I insisted it have a ‘Schlong’ name on it like ‘Hellcatmudwrestler’ for obvious reasons.I’ll send you a copy to read in your ‘Phone-booth’ whilst your ringing your mate! :mrgreen:

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1555

As you rightly point out Gord not many win two consecutive Gold Cups but you don’t get too many Jonjo’s to the pound.

Year after year he shows how capable he is of getting them spot on for the Festival and you can bet Synchronised will be no different.

I doubt if you will see much of him pre Gold Cup next season but on the day barring accidents he’ll be back there with every chance of pulling it off.

As far as the Irish challenge goes First Installments win over Rock On Ruby and his second to Bob’s Worth in the RSA shows the course holds no fears for him.

The fact he had Call the Police 11 lengths back in 2nd would appear to put him well ahead of another Irish Challenger in Last Installment but I doubt if that will be the case should they clash at the Festival next season.

Last Installment may only have beaten Call the Police 1 1/2 lengths but it was nothing more than a walk in the park for him. His style of running and the way he carries himself caught my eye as a horse with a very big pay day ahead of him.

I think he’ll go right to the top and at this point just prefer him to Synchronised because if Jonjo’s horse has a weakness it’s his inability to pick up without AP having to work his backside of to get him going. Last Installment needs much less encouragement to get on with things and I can see him leading them all a merry gallop in Denman like style from some way out.

In short I reckon he’s a Gold Cup horse through and through and at 25/1 (WH) would be my choice at this stage.

Last Installment 25/1

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

Well seeing i was on the sauce yesterday, as i always make my best posts when i’m pished :D :lol: …Gordon, i can’t believe the price SDS is now. As soon as he crossed the line in the Jewson i got 9s, which to me wasn’t generous. Now he is 6/1, what ???… i had a smaller bet on Last Instalment also when he was 33, and another bet when he went down to 25. He’s a really good jumper and a talented horse. I’m trying not to get too involved in Cheltenham right now, as it’s bad enough getting to February and having to wait a month, let alone now. One horse i’m interested in over the hurdles is Don Cossack, but i haven’t decided if might be aimed at the 2m5 or 3m. Also, there will be no photos of you in the buff in any phone booth i use. If i saw any such picture, i’d probably have to ask myself whether or not humanity is worth saving. The only place you’ll find that sort of photo is above the phone in Bo Selecta womans house !

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1508

When

Last Instalment

strolled all over my

First Lieutenant

in the Grade 1 at Leopardstown in December I felt my heart sink,Davy was on mine and he was the 7/4 fav,the ground was even given as Good……..and he still got beat!I was pretty sure both would go for the RSA still but I certainly couldn’t come up with my usual excuses as to why my horse could reverse that form at Cheltenham,’Last Instalment’ was impressive he looked like a horse with more toe than ‘First Lieutenant’ but less than ‘Sir des Champs’.Strictly on collateral form ‘Last Instalment’ is at least as good an e/w Ante-Post wager as ‘First Lieutenant’.What sways me towards my fellow….again is,Course form and his Trainer.I’ve said it before but Mouse Morris and Jonjo-O’Neil are cut from the same cloth! Legends the pair of them at preppin one!

rich1985
    • Total Posts 1220

Imperial Commander 50/1, got to have a fiver for old time sake!

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

I’m quite looking forward to Weapon’s Amnesty re-appearing, meant to be sometime in November.

Hopefully he has retained all of his ability, he could go close if he has.

befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1373

I’m quite looking forward to Weapon’s Amnesty re-appearing, meant to be sometime in November.

Hopefully he has retained all of his ability, he could go close if he has.

Love to see him back, looked a surefire champion, but I doubt he’ll be the same force as before.

Have had my doubts about Flemenstar, but he was extremely impressive vs Big Zeb; more evidence that last year’s novices were of a high standard.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.