The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham friday 14th

Home Forums Horse Racing Cheltenham friday 14th

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    TheOneAndOnlyTonyMcCoy
    • Total Posts 202

Hi there, was just going to show my selections for tommorow at Cheltenham!

Cheltenham

12.10 Milord Lescribba

12.45 Imperial Commander

1.20 Parsons Legacy

1.55 Heads On The Ground

2.30 Ring The Boss

3.05 Leading Contender

3.40 Snap Tie

Marsh
    • Total Posts 92

I am going to have a wee lucky 15 on-

Imperial Commander
    Heads on the Ground
    Jack the Giant
    Imsingingtheblues

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I would like to know why Channel 4 deem it neccessary to show a card of handicaps "in the week" yet they can’t be bothered to show classic trials like the Craven.

Marsh
    • Total Posts 92

They might not show "The Craven" but at least they are showing "Craven"

:)

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

After Nevertika, as expected, absolutely hacked up last week at Wetherby I have been in a buoyant mood. The plan was to wait until tomorrow but I think Oranis is fairly ordinary and his presence, presented me with an opportunity to get a very generous 2/1 Imperial Commander from my bookie.

I am very confident, if what was being touted on his last run was true, we will see the real Katchit tomorrow, so I have grabbed 9/2.

I’ve had a fairly hefty go with 2 singles and a double and that will be me for the weekend win lose or draw.

aphardy
    • Total Posts 190

Hobbs is a trainer I think goes under most people’s radar despite his success, and I notice that he’s running one against his own Ring the Boss this afternoon – Bremen. Decent horse on the flat, although his hurdles form so far hasn’t been that exciting (including being beaten at 1/4) I think there’s been reasonable excuses for them.

On a stiffer track today, I think he is a decent e/w shout at a price.

And Principe Azzuro looked much more solid at Bangor on his re-appearance and wouldn’t be out of the 3m either.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

My nap today is Jack the Giant, who looks more suited to the prevailing conditions than Ring the Boss. I give Freney’s Well a big chance in the Cross-Country with Tony "God" Martin the danger and I like Leading Contender each-way in the 3.05 against a bad favourite Millenium Royal.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Not an inspiring card by Cheltenham standards, much better to come tomorrow.
    If I had to have a bet today, it would be Blue Splash in the 1.20.
    Progressive, showed his wellbeing with a comfortable hurdles win a couple of weeks ago, and this stiff test should be right up his street.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

That was some performance by Joe Lively, comprehensively turning the form around with Ornais.

Yes it was only a 4 runner race, but I didn’t see any real excuses for the others, and JL jumped for absolute fun – great performance.

Mike

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

My nap today is Jack the Giant, who looks more suited to the prevailing conditions than Ring the Boss. I give Freney’s Well a big chance in the Cross-Country with Tony "God" Martin the danger and I like Leading Contender each-way in the 3.05 against a bad favourite Millenium Royal.

Hope you bet those! :)

Well done

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Thanks Salselon-have a look in the Lays and Plays!
    A good day, paid for some of the Christmas!

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Great selections, well done.

Mike

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Good selections above there.

I did wonder this morning why Simon was a 16/1 shot, just got in and saw that he finished 2nd, would have been a decent bet, wish i had got on now.

:? :? :?

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Love your signpost Gareth, where did you get that from and how do you put them on? :D

Mike

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.