The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham AntePost

Home Forums Horse Racing Cheltenham AntePost

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

Quote: from ratpack on 9:41 pm on Jan. 9, 2007[br]

Quote: from davidbrady on 11:17 pm on Jan. 6, 2007[br]Although beaten today, Perce Rock is a good price at 25/1 with Skybet for the Ballymore Prop Nov Hdl given that he has already shown that not only can he jump a hurdle but he can also handle the hustle and bustle of the Festival, with a 4th in last years Bumper.

He is also a general 16/1 for the opener though so that may be a better indicator to his actual target.<br>

Runs in the supreme

Judging by the markets on betfair that isnt true. He has been on the slide slightly for the Supreme where as for the Ballymore he is being quite solid.

Is that inside info.

I would be surprised if he went for the supreme, but you probably know more than i do.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

Quote: from trackside528 on 12:41 am on Jan. 10, 2007[br]I’d say they’ll be tempted to have a crack at the Supreme now, but he would most likely get run off his feet unless there is cut in the ground (entirely possible in fairness) over 2m..

I dont see why they would go for the Supreme……. before the Tolworth they said he was more of a staying type but the track and ground at Sandown should have helped him.

2miles on even good to soft ground wont be enough of a stamina test for him. He was just staying on one paced in the Tolworth.

He won his bumper over further than 2miles and in the champion bumper he stayed on for fourth, i think they would be foolish to go for the supreme (you watch him hack up in that race now!!!!!)

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Quote: from Stormont on 9:37 pm on Jan. 9, 2007[br]

Quote: from rory on 8:15 pm on Jan. 9, 2007[br]If Another Promise runs at the festival, it’s long odds on that it will be in either the Kim Muir or the William Hill. I don’t believe for a second that he’s an intended runner in the Arkle.

Well, all im going by is what my best mate and told me and as he looks after him and rides him out most mornings, no offence but i think he knows more than you, Rory.<br>

No offence intended Stormont and I don’t doubt that you have a genuine connection, but I would be amazed that a horse who has the stamina to win over 3 miles plus at Hexham could realistically have a chance in an Arkle.

In retrospect, he’s a very similar type to Strong Promise (hence the name I reckon) who was a Gold Cup horse but actually went off favourite for a Champion Chase so perhaps it’s not so ridiculous that connections should consider an Arkle bid (a little bird tells me that he will have an outing in a novice chase at Ascot over the minimum as a sighter). I do stand by my assertion that he’d be better off in one of the handicaps at the festival though.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

I agree with you, i think his optimum trip would be between 2 1/2 and 3miles, i think 2 will be too sharp for him, but ive been told otherwise.

Last i heard he was going to Wincanton…….. maybe next week or the week after……. but they arent sure yet because its a long way to go and Ferdy rarely has runners there.

Also have been told to expect the horse that won the long distanc race at Haydock (Leading Man, or something) to win some very nice races this season.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I can’t remember who it was who said they would do more antepost betting if they got half their stake back if the horse doesn’t run… Well VCBet are now doing that promotion on Cheltenham antepost bets. (Max free bet £100 so I assume any bets up to £200 qualify.)

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Could they not have run him in the race later this month that New Alco was in last year Stormont?  Think NA came second in that, was beaten by Don’t Be Shy but had some useful horses behind him that day.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

Quote: from Irish Stamp on 2:49 pm on Jan. 10, 2007[br]Could they not have run him in the race later this month that New Alco was in last year Stormont?  Think NA came second in that, was beaten by Don’t Be Shy but had some useful horses behind him that day.

I dont know……. all im telling you on here is what ive been told. The last i heard was that Wincanton was on the agenda some point soon. But as i said before, i cant remember the last time Ferdy had a runner at Wincanton, or if he ever has……. so that surprised me somewhat when i was told that

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

I was gratified to see that Dave Nevison fancies the chance of My Way de Solzen in the Sun Alliance (since his owner is now pondering targeting it with him), as the other day I had one of those strong notions that sometimes come to your mind, like a penny dropping, and took the best price on him at the time, of 11/1, with BF.

Now I see he’s available from Coral at 14s,  so I put another bet on him with them. Some bookies go 8s and even 7s.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

Prophetic words about Lounaos, Aragorn!

I’m very keen on the chances of Wichita Lineman (a dirge by Glen Cambpell my wife likes) in the Ballymore Hurdle, though he’s  favourite for the Brit Insurance, so it’s speculative. If he runs in the other one, I’ll be on, of course, assuming the odds against.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Not really Grimes, can’t take any credit for just stating facts.. Especially as I haven’t backed her, but then i’ve not backed anything ante-post except for Faasel in the Arkle.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

I know a few of us fancied Ungaro on here for the sunalliance chase. Not sure if anyone has heard Barry Simpson talking over the last week but the he was talking suggesting that Aintree will probably be the target rather than Cheltenham. But on Betfair he has been very well backed over the last day or two??

What to people think to the chances of Dom D’orgeval in the same race? I missed the race at Hexham the other day, heard it was a farce though.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I saw his debut, not for me, wasn’t that taken with him. He has place chances at best for me.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I still think Degas Art is a good e/w bet in the Triumph Hurdle. It is the only horse to beat Katchit over hurdles I believe, and although it was receiving weight, I think it has improved since and could be hard to stop.

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

Have a look closer to the time on Ringaroses for the Ballymore Properties Novices Hurdle, the banker this year is Denman in the RSA Chase, no value though. Good Luck.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

I can’t have Denman at all. He is a hype horse and nothing else. He shouldn’t be the FAV, apart from Don’t Push It he has beaten very little and hasn’t impressed me over fances.

Think the RSA chase will be one of the most competitive races of this years fastival.

FSL – True about Degas Art and the form is there for everyone to see but he is a speed horse for me, i don’t think he will get home at Cheltenham, you will probably find him cruising jumping the second last and be counting your money when something like Katchit will be staying on and finding more.

Degas Art would be the best option of an in-running lay in my opinion.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.