The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham 2024 Bets

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2024 Cheltenham 2024 Bets

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Twister reporting that Broadway Boy has done an ‘exceptional’ piece of work. To me he has looked a slow plodder, winning or losing. Has he suddenly turned into Frankel?

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Trainers words, pinch of salt.

Oscar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 145

I’m pretty sure Frankel would have struggled to win the Brown’s Advisory

Participant
    • Total Posts 1761

“Trainers words, pinch of salt.”

Warehouse load of, more like. :good:

This week, especially, (in horse racing), is the time of the year one’s ‘Identify bullsh#t’ radar needs to be working to its optimum effect :whistle:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32903

Twister is usually one of the most optimistic trainers around, so yes it could be wishful thinking by his trainer.

But every horse can put in an “exceptional” piece of work compared to what that particular horse has done before.

So I am sure Twister thinks he saw something. It’s just that judged by what he’s said in the past we have to be skeptical.

That said, if putting in a good round of jumping, his form is probably good enough to be fighting for at least a place… And even though we can not rate Broadway Boy as improved just because of Twister’s words… We can say the horse is probably over whatever ailed him last time out and is probably back in form.

Value Is Everything
    Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Wilts, I agree, earplugs and dark eye shields are very useful in the coming days.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Finally, a good bit of news with Ballyburn confirmed for the Supreme. Even if he gets the job done he doesn’t win me a massive amount. He only has the potential to clear my current losses. It’s always been more about the horse than me. If he turns up in good shape then he should win.

Another positive, just read that they are now leaning towards the Grand Annual with Madara. Hopefully, Reveley retains the ride.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

Ballyburn is not running in the Supreme.

The things I want most in life are the things that I can't win.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

What was I thinking of?

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Right decision for the horse
    Will Slade Steal be running in the Supreme now after the news

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

Positive news for me regarding Ballyburn. I’m on a double of JDR and Irish point in the stayers.

Now I just need Brian Acheson (robcour) to put Elliot back in his cage and do the right thing by the horse!

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 593

Now that Zanahiyr has been scratched from the Champion Hurdle I’ve reinvested the money plus a couple more.

Boodles
    Kaleosun 33-1 win NRNB

Bumper
    Farland 50-1 e/w NRNB

Triumph
    Ethical Diamond win 20-1 NRNB

Martin Pipe
    Stellar Story win 16-1 NRNB

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Added MASKADA to Madara in the Grand Annual. Needs to bounce back, but was very good last year, and this test should suit better than those small field races.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Added LUCKY PLACE for the Coral. I think it’s a substandard renewal, and his novice form is pretty good. This is far more realistic than the Ballymore option.

Had added WHACKER CLAN for the Kim Muir, but having thought about it decided to cash out for no loss. I think the ground will be too soft.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Just nicked this off another forum. It seems Trelawne isn’t going to Cheltenham so another in the story of returned NRNB’s. Can’t find it, but pretty sure the trainer had recently said both Trelawne and Chianti Classico were heading for the Ultima. The market would reflect that thought.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Added PREMIER MAGIC for the Foxhunters. Won last year, and done nothing wrong since. Top two might be a tad overrated?

Miraculously, Waterford Whispers has got into the Martin Pipe. Only 25+ came out.

Gidleigh Park remains amongst the Albert Bartlett entries, but still no signs of market support. The longest piece of Festival dithering continues.

Still only JPR One in the novice chases. How different the other three races might have looked with Fact To File, Klassical Dream, and Broadway Boy. Struggling to find any replacements.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

First day what’s left – all the confirmed losers have already been given above.

1.30 JERIKO DU REPONET @ 11/2 (looks an embarrassing price now)
    2.10 JPR ONE EW @ 33/1
    2.50 TRELAWNE EW @ 17.52/1
    4.10 GALA MARCEAU EW @ 8.68/1 (similar to Jeriko Du Reponet)
    4.50 LATIN VERSE EW @ 36.75/1

Obviously, the information on Trelawne was incorrect. At the moment I can’t see anything obvious for the blanks, but I do have the free William Hill bet to use.

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.