The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham 2024 Bets

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2024 Cheltenham 2024 Bets

Viewing 17 posts - 171 through 187 (of 252 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Got to hope that nobody is daft enough to think Gala Marceau should still go to the Festival after that awful performance. I would have thought the paddocks might be a better destination. Plenty of short priced punters screwed as she was backed from 1/2-2/7. Never travelled with much zest, jumped poorly, and never looked likely to pick up. She looked a million miles from a Grade 1 winner, albeit one of which was fortunate.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Henderson has just put up various bits and pieces which exclude Joyeuse so she looks very much like another NRNB absentee. As far as I am aware he hadn’t mentioned her since the winning debut, and she had attracted no market support. At this rate I might be lucky to have ten runners survive, a real poor percentage, as bad as I can remember. At least NRNB has saved an even bigger loss.

Just had a spin through the markets, and even with NRNB being offered by the majority of bookmakers (Unibet & Bet Fred are the exceptions), nothing much is happening.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Added ENCANTO BRUNO for both the Coral and County NRNB.

There must be a little pressure on Cromwell having a much bigger pig’s ear of things than McConnell ever did. Hopefully, he hasn’t been ruined. This is a proper spring ground horse, no worse than good to soft, and preferably quicker. He should get in either race, and if it ever stops raining, I can see him travelling well on the bridle. I am assuming he will not run again on unsuitable ground. Just like Perceval Legallois this is another horse that the trainer hasn’t mentioned in his previews.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Another one bit the dust yesterday with Fact To File, and that’s ten ‘gap’ races, including several condition races, far more than I would expect at this time of the year.

Added RIVIERE D’ETEL NRNB for the Mares’ Chase.

It’s a shocking renewal with the favourite relatively unproven at the trip. I think you could argue that last year’s race was better, and Riviere D’Etel still seemed to be travelling when Zambella cannoned her out of the race. Obviously, the big negative is her jumping to the right. She shouldn’t be able to get away with losing a length at nearly every fence, but who knows in such a poor race?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

Burdett Road to miss the festival and rest season due to setback

VF x

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Thanks VF, its these final two weeks when we all hope our AP’s make the start line.
    Thats two of mine gone in the last week, Burdett Road and Let it Rain..
    Im crossing everything fact to file stays in one piece.. :good:

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

What’s happened to Burdett Road? I’m on him in ante post doubles.

I’ve also decided to take the double of Banbridge & Hewick. But without the NRNB safety net. 57/1 with Fred’s.

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

Just read on SSR he’s out for the season.

Balls.

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Its that time of season now, cast, lame stone bruise.
    Wishing every one good luck on their AP bets..

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Few of JP’s shortened up today, including Perceval Legallois and Waterford Whispers.

Only found out today that the target for Encanto Bruno is actually the Martin Pipe so that’s another two NRNB’s returning. Realistically, if this rain keeps up he shouldn’t be going anywhere.

I wonder if now the idea that it is going to dry for Cheltenham is a thing of the past.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Added QUEBECOIS for the Bumper. Other than Let It Rain nothing for me has jumped out of the pack, and that includes the Irish. His bumper win could very well be all style over substance, but the same could easily be said for Teeshan, and one is 7/1, and the other 33/1.

Cue Card gave me my best ever winner, and produced one of the best winning performances I have seen in any Festival race. In hindsight his debut win at Fontwell had very little substance.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Not as many ante posts as I used to have, here is a run down of them, a mixed bag.

The good…
    NH Chase – Embassy Gardens 3pts win 11/4

The bad…
    Turners – Gaelic Warrior 1pt win 11/4
    Mares – Gala Marceau 1pt ew 8/1 NRNB

The indifferent…
    Bartlett – Lecky Watson 1pt ew 25/1
    Gold Cup – Gentlemansgame 1pt ew 25/2
    Bumper – C’est Ta Chance 0.5pt win 20/1 NRNB

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Just added SHAKEM UP’ARRY NRNB in the Plate. Solid credentials with good course and distance form, hope Jones keeps the ride.

At first glance Perceval Legallois looked to have plenty in the Kim Muir, but on second glance it isn’t a strong, and likely it will be a very condensed handicap. Despite being backed Waterford Whispers will need a miracle to get into the Martin Pipe. The Pertemps looks stronger than usual, but still hoping White Rhino will get in. Encanto Bruno is not attractively weighted in any handicap, and with the ground likely to be against as well, not travelling might be the best option.

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

Elliot flapping his gums now about possibly running Irish point in the CH.

Constitution Hill needs to lay off the John player specials and stop hacking up like an 89 year old man with bronchitis or else 80% of my AP book has gone tits up in the space of 24 hours!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Same Tizzard
    Jackpot last year
    Beans on toast this year
    Bloodbath
    Mighty Potter
    Constitution Hill pre target plus quite a bit of odds on in football accas etc
    Marine Nationale
    Gaelic Warrior
    🤦🤦🤦

Got a few nice bits and pieces elsewhere but game over bitch already as far as the Ante Post goes

Blackbeard to conquer the World

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Quebecois smashed up for the Bumper. Fingers crossed he at least gets in. The kind of winner I could very much do with.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32903

Miss Nicholls tipped Quebecois on ITV this afternoon.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 171 through 187 (of 252 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.