The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2184

What flat racing? It’s Perth tomorrow..oops, today.

Great little meeting and all that Perth is, it just doesn’t really get my blood flowing like the real top quality jumping does. I might consider going into hibernation after Punchestown and maybe re-emerging around Kerry National time!

Btw, watch out for Gordon Elliott’s runners up at Perth over the next few days. I noticed he’s a fair few entries up there over the next few days and they’ll not be heading over for the scenery.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Hopefully we see Captain Cee Bee back in action again next year. He hopefully could develop into an interesting Arkle contender. The novice chase division for next season over here in Ireland looks potentially quite strong on paper. Obviously Willie’s two horses look to set the standard but the likes of China Rock, Pandorama and hopefully a returning Venalmar should ensure they won’t have things all their own way.

It wouldn’t surprise me either if both Cousin Vinny and Jered were tried over fences next season.

Looking forward to it already. I’m nearly bored of this flat racing lark and it’s not even May!

Geezuz Imp I forgot about him. He is some tool that Capt Cee Bee. Can anyone shed any light on his present cond?

• Total Posts 2184

Btw, watch out for Gordon Elliott’s runners up at Perth over the next few days. I noticed he’s a fair few entries up there over the next few days and they’ll not be heading over for the scenery.

A 2/1 and an 11/2 winner and a 15/2 shot just touched off by a short head. Don’t say you hadn’t been told! :wink:

Geezuz Imp I forgot about him. He is some tool that Capt Cee Bee. Can anyone shed any light on his present cond?

Haven’t heard anything about him in a while. He was set to make his chasing debut in a grade 3 at Roscommon last September but he was pulled out of that and then a few weeks later it was announced he was going to miss this season. I don’t know how serious his setback was or whether it was related to him bleeding on his last run at Liverpool to be honest. Hope he’s back in action next year but he is pushing on a bit now (8yo), even if he doesn’t have too many miles on the clock.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Big day for Hurricane fly fans tomorrow.

Willie Mullins is making his usual "I’m telling you nothing remarks" by saying he hopes the horse is fit enough.

I would think he will know exactly how fit he is.

I hope there is plenty pace on to test him and he comes through with flying colours.

Two other horses who are Chelters bound Master MInded and Cooldine look to have very easy tasks.

Very risky betting trebles but having a few quid in the kitty if I can get 3/1 the treble I am firing right in. Look like money for nothing if HF does the business.

Good luck you HF supefans :wink:

• Total Posts 2184

Think you’re being a bit harsh on Willie there Fists. From my experience he’s normally very honest and up front with the punters.

I am Cooldine’s biggest fan but I don’t think he’ll have it all his own way tomorrow. I reckon Joncol is better than anything he took on at Cheltenham and with McCoy up he’ll give him a race.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Big day for Hurricane fly fans tomorrow.

Penalty kick. 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I fancied himin that race he was withdrawn for a ekk or 2 ago but that Cooldine is some horse. If he is going Gold Cup direction he better be winning easily. Waiting to see odds before I back the trio probaly won’t be anything lie 3’s.

Hope you are right Grassy.What price you reckon he wil be for the CH ifhe p==sses up? I reckon he’ll be as low as 5’s

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Hard to say, Fist.

I think he would need to beat Go Native very convincingly (in a similar manner to the Lep at Christmas) if he was going to shorten up to around 5’s.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
    • Total Posts 54

wow, I was definitely a Hurricane Fly sceptic before today, but that was awesome.

What price Ruby to ride to ride all 4 championship race winners at next year’s festival now??

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Penalty duly kicked – never in danger, that’s about as close as anything will get to him till next Cheltenham too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I cant wait to see the Hurricane run against serious Champion hurdle horses now! 7/2 fav for the Champion hurdle! Wow what a horse!

superkauto10
    • Total Posts 100

Supreme Novices Dunguib
    Supreme Novices Fionnegas
    Ballymore Novices Quel Esprit
    Ballymore Novices Spencers Hill

gonna go back them ante post tommorow for the races that iv listed any views would be welcome?

only one doubt is quel esprit as mullins is unsure if he is going hurdles or chasing but he got vinny mikeal and five four three for them respective races so gonna take the chance.

FLINT ISLAND
    • Total Posts 16

Dunguib looks the real deal

but this year at Cheltenham just gone was the time to back him at 9/2

Now everyone knows how good he is – he be odds on all the time now

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Pretty obvious where he is going if he makes the grade over hurdles. You can get around 4/1 for the Supreme Novices if you scout around.

Mind you there’s always a chance he might end up being better suited by the Balmore over 2m4f

chelt king
    • Total Posts 30

Hi guys ive bin Away with work in America but had a very good festival and made a few quid thanx to a nice trixie with Go native Big Bucks and Zaynair and thought i would just throw up what i think Antepost ATM and see what you guys think

Firstly The CH ive backed Zaynair at double figuare odds and feel the horse could be great value on the fact he improved from race to race loves Cheltenham won the triumph and beat a good horse in Walk On (twice) also we saw what Walk On did in the novice hurdle at Aintree But at simlar odds i know which one ill be backing the horse reminds me a lot off Detroit City same profile looks etc any thoughts?

My other pick for the race is binny just on a value at the prices been a 6/1 shot atm we know he runs a good race in the CH was a tad unlucky Imo and feel the price could be offering a lot more value now rather then last year.A 6/4 shot in a race where he had a few qustions the track been the main one and feel the 6/1 is much more Realistic will improve and feel at them odds he has a excellent chance to win And the fact the horse has raced in a ch and will know more next year feel thats a bonus too

Ive chucked a few quid antepost on Crack Away Jakj for the stayers hurdle not the arke so ive prob done my money with Emma Levelle saying she is going to go chasing with him.But my theroy is this he was staying on really well off a furious pace in the CH and feel the longer trip would really suit CAJ dosent really remind me off a chaser and just hope they have had a look at this race for the horse because feel it could have a big chance and just hope the trainer has had a few thoughts bout CAJ trying a lot further any thoughts?

chelt king
    • Total Posts 30

Oh and forgot to mention why i feel CAJ should be looked at for the stayers firstly with Punchestowns going chasing Kasbah Bliss prob not coming over this year.Feel the race has a big Chance to a horse like CAJ if getting the trip i really hope they give this horse a chance because its a race that would really suit it wen it won the Fred winter it came off a furious pace was staying on strongly over 2 miles in the CH does everyone think im crazy for thinking this horse has a chance in this race?…But ive done my dough i think with CAJ going chasing i backed him the day after the CH becuase wen i watched the race straight away i thought SH!

Gold cup is a tricky old race to find a outsider in… i may theow a few quid at Imperial Commander at big prices just becuase of its good track form and always runs well at Chelters but feel they may go the Ryanair with the horse again!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Hi Chelt never too late to grab some of the 12’s on Crack Away Jack. I’m surpised you think he doesn’t look like a chaser. First time Ruby sat on him he said he was a real chasing type and Emma has already made up her mind the horse will be aimed at the Arkle. There’s no chance of her changing her mind on that IMO. The horse won the Fred winter and 4th in the Champion Hurdle and will be one of the best hurdlers to run in the Arkle for along time if he makes the grade.

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.